“Old world charm meets modern convenience”
other travellers have booked this property
Annie's Place - a quaint and characterful 300 year old townhouse in the heart of Medieval Mdina
The entrance hall and living room, with a majestic glass antiporta allowing the sunshine to enter. Entrance Hall and Living Room.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Entrance Hall and Living Room.
Recently refurbished kitchen with modern appliances.
Panorama view of Mdina
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Italian first
Any
Danijela...
“Old world charm meets modern convenience”
Reviewed 21 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

Stepping into Annie's Place really is like stepping into the past, complete with the centuries old walls and the near perfect silence, interrupted only by the sound of the occasional horse-drawn carriage and the church bell. For those who can't survive without the modern amenities, there's the full bathroom, a small but functional kitchen, and most importantly, free (and reliable) WiFi. And should you need any assistance, the host family is very responsive and hospitable.

Resort796...
“Beautiful apartment, just in the middle of Mdina”
Reviewed 11 August 2018 for a stay in July 2018

We spent 10 days in Malta, based out of Annie's Place in Mdina. Wonderful place and location, though if you intend on renting a car for your holiday you need to be warned that you need a special permit to be able to enter Mdina by car.

The apartment is beautiful and characterful, and our host, Joanna, could not be more helpful. For groceries you'd have to go into Rabat (walking distance), or there are some mobile stalls that come into Mdina every now and again. Buses run frequently in every direction just outside Mdina Gate.

Two negatives that are worth noting: It seems everything in Malt gets very dusty very quickly, and that certainly holds true in this apartment too. Sitting reading in the armchair, I had to brush away dust from the page before I turned it. Second thing is that as this is in the middle of a touristy town, you get tourists walking by very late at night and the horse-drawn carriages go past directly outside from relatively early in the morning.

samcsl
Singapore, Singapore
“The Perfect Haven for a Quiet Getaway”
Reviewed 10 August 2018 for a stay in March 2018

My fiancé and I stayed in Annie's place and would recommend it to anyone who's looking to get away from the busy city environment. Coming from the busy (and overpopulated) city of Singapore, we were in Malta for a wedding and decided to visit and stay in the famed city of Mdina. It was hands down the BEST DECISION we made on this trip! Andrea and his mother, Joanna, were warm and obliging hosts - correspondence wth them was a breeze, with prompt replies before and during our stay.

The townhouse is spacious for 2-3 people, tastefully decorated and equipped with all the modern facilities you would need for your stay. The house has good ventilation and the city is blissfully quiet at night so you'll get a good sleep every night. If we had any complaints - it would be that we slept so well and somehow managed to snooze our alarms but hey, we were on holiday so I guess it shouldn't matter :)

We would recommend Annie's Place to anyone travelling to Malta because Mdina is the place to be! Restaurants and cafes are within walking distance from the house and the walled city is magnificent, during the day and even more so at night. Andrea was very willing to share his favourite spots in Mdina and we had a fun time exploring the city, discovering little hidden surprises at every turn. A big thank you to Andrea and Joanna for being the best hosts and making our stay so memorable <3
I'll be back, that's for sure!

t25oast
sliema
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 13 July 2018 for a stay in May 2018

"My partner and I stayed here for 5 days. Our first impressions were of surprise: the home is very characterful and quirky. I felt we could not had chosen a more beautiful and interesting place, located in a quiet part of Malta yet enjoying all regular connections to the rest of the island. I must praise the warmth and hospitality of both Joanna and Andrea. Mdina and Rabat are both amazing places to explore. I’m sure we will return soon!"

MarkJohns...
Melbourne, Australia
“A private slice of heaven!”
Reviewed 6 July 2018 for a stay in May 2018
person found this review helpful

After spending a week in the much larger palazzo managed by Andrea and Joanna, my partner and I decided to spend a few days in this smaller property of theirs. It was just the two of us, so we felt like a much more cozy place, after experiencing the grandeur of their palazzo with our fellow friends.

This property is adorable and quirky. The decor is very charming, and has a clear artsy feel to it. I can clearly tell that Joanna implemented her personal touch when designing the property, and the results have been outstanding.

It's perfect for 2-3 people, and also ideally located in the heart of Mdina. Much more affordable than the hotel the city, and even in nearby Rabat, with the same amenities. I'll be recommending this to my friends and family.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing