“Lovely products, but not all that welcoming”
Review of Gozo Glass

Gozo Glass
Ranked #8 of 12 things to do in Gharb
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Gozo Glass is a glass blowing studio on the Island of Gozo dedicated to the creation of original and unique Handmade Art Glass inspired from the natural beauty of the Maltese islands. Gozo Glass is a family run business established in 1990. Entrance to glass-blowing studio is free of charge.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I have enjoyed visits to Valletta Glass, Medina Glass and Phoenician Glassblowers, so maybe I have been spoilt in those places.

You are not allowed to take pictures, and I find it really nice to have mementos both in the form of glass and pictures. I am not sure why, but who am I to argue.

Unfortunately the lady in the store didn't make us feel welcome, so I decided that it was best not to push my luck by actually buying something there. A shame, as there were some very nice pieces.

If you do decide to be open to the public, you need someone front of shop who is welcoming and that was not the case here. We went on to the pottery barn after and had a much better experience with a very welcoming artist.

All reviews
"gifts"
"gozo"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We have visited this glass making centre on many occasions.
The quality of their products is excellent, especially the glass products threaded with silver.
We have quite a collection and have given many items as gifts.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

To see how the glass goes to the owen is always thrilling. The items are really beautiful and the quality is high-class.

Reviewed 19 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited the Gozo Glass workshop having already decided we wanted to bring back a Maltese glass ornament from our holiday. I loved watching the glassblowers at work, and the stock in the adjoining shop was gorgeous. We really enjoyed selecting a vase to take home. I also appreciated the fact that the shop assistant left us to it and didn't make any suggestions etc - I much prefer shopping without feeling hassled. We would definitely come back here if we visit Gozo again!

1  Thank eleanorip
A B, Manager at Gozo Glass, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Thank you for the review...