“Great workshop and very friendly owner”

Ta' Dbiegi Crafts Village
Ranked #4 of 12 things to do in Gharb
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Ta' Dbiegi Crafts Village - Gozo's finest artisinal products Located at the foot of Gozo's natural highest point within the tranquil village of Gharb, Ta' Dbiegi is the oldest crafts village on the island of Gozo and is spread over an area of more than 6,500 square meters of lush gardens. Ta' Dbiegi Crafts Village offers the opportunity to view artisans as they manufacture high quality products such as lace, silver filigree, woolens, art, local stone, metal, pottery, local delicacies, candles, leather and glass. The unique profucts, some of which may also be custom-made, may be purchased at affordable prices. The Village also provides amenities such as a cafeteria, access to free wi-fi and ample parking space. Surely an Experience not to be missed!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We didn't book a pottery session, and really just went inside looking for something to bring home.

I found a pottery pig that desperately needed a home and he is now residing on my shelf. There were so many nice items and the artist (Katrin) was really nice and happy to have a little chat about the shy pig coming home with me.

Prices extremely reasonable as all the items are handmade and unique.

The tour buses do go to the craft village and there are nice things to see there.

All reviews
"blown glass"
"lots of small shops"
"closed on sundays"

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I wish there were more artisans present as the ones there offer good quality products. Very interesting to watch them work. Must visit if you have kids.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

I have read other reviews and I’m a bit confused. I wonder if it’s the same place.
We hopped off the us at this stop as it was a place I really wanted to go to. Admittedly some of the shops were not for me. The jewellery shop was excellent and I bought 2 pairs of earrings, a pendant and a ring. Everything there was very reasonably priced in my opinion. I bought a shawl from another shop and a beautiful straw silk glass vase that apparently is not made or sold anywhere else other than Gozo. I admit the lace shops were not brilliant as there were a lot of items in such a small place. I’m really pleased we stopped off here and would recommend it to anyone wanting to buy souvenirs, especially the jewellery. As others have said I would recommend the café.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Great little place to pick up some souvenirs.Sellers sometimes a little overeager but merchandise is fairly priced and an excellent range of stuff is available.