Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$551
Booking.comUS$73
TravelocityUS$609
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 September 2015

We stayed two nights as part of a cycling holiday. Very nice building, pleasant room, then it all goes down hill. Day 1 we arrived having travelled all day, got in the shower - no hot water - went to reception, got some excuse that the solar panel pump wasn't on - anyway an hour later hot water. Day 2 cycled all day returning at 3 pm, very hot and sweaty, jumped in the shower - guess what, no hot water. went to reception again, and got another excuse that someone must have accidently switched the pump off (more like that as hotel was virtually empty, this was switched off to save money!) Staff haven't grasped the concept of customer service, virtually everytime we tried to speak to someone, order a drink, complained about no hot water, got a different member of staff (or more like family as sometimes they were children/teenagers just back from school - "oh I need to speak to my Uncle"!) always felt as if we were an imposition. Lastly, if you fancy a drink from the bar, do yourself a favour and walk a few hundred metres towards the Square, to the Bar Central - very friendly atmosphere and the drinks are between 1/2 and 2/3's cheaper than the hotel charge, and you get good service!

Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 6 July 2015

On check in we should have known. A small boy came running to reception when we pressed the bell, he called a teenage girl who took us to our room, I asked if there was better, it was small and dark, she told us choose what you like, I said something that we seen on your website would be great!! My Italian is not perfect but she understood took us to another, it was bigger brighter so I said it would do, we then explored the town - nothing at all to see, back to the hotel as we had full board booking - they did not expect anyone and set up a table outdoors for dinner, a run down area full of pallets set up as tables and chairs - how comfy!! Not.. we had to ask to sit indoors as it was awful , we where told what was avail meat or fish I took fish my husband took meat, my spaghetti arrive with max 2 small shellfish and cold, I should have sent it back but after such a long wait I thought I would get it eaten quickly, thought left half
Main was fish on some iceberg lettuce, the smallest piece you have ever seen, lettuce brown on edges- we called the waitress back asked where are our sides, she asked oh you want some?!! Well surely you serve them, she says if you wish them what do you want, well what is there, why is it not here with meal - surely a standard meal is served with veg, rice, pots whatever!!!
We gave up and asked how we got back to our room, she directed us to lift, we used this to get to reception, on exit it was blackness, we had phones so put our torches on, tried all light switches nothing, we descended in lift back to restaurant and disturbed again the 3 staff eating, they had done this since they served our main!
Girl shouted at guy in group, chastising him for not switching lights on and took us up, spent a few minutes finding switch.
On return to our room we found the phone was not connected, air con did not work and the bathroom was bare bulbs and a strange door system to shower
After a very worrying nights sleep, as we knew no one was on reception, was there any staff in building looking after our security we went to breakfast
An extremely bad tempered looking woman approx. 30 years of age met us and showed us to a table set up All was good and we told her this although the overall ambience was poor - facing a bar, v rundown, bins etc...
On checkout I told her I wanted compensation for the meal, she told me it was my lack of language understanding that caused the problem at the meal!! I should have asked for veg on ordering, I assured her we where told the fixed meal, offered no options, she them proceeded to advised we where problem guests, we asked for a change of room!
I told her that the new room had no air con, she told us that the hotel can only offer hot water in the shower and air con to a specific no of rooms and we where told this when we changed room, as if anyone would feel this was a great deal!!
She would not reduce the price in any way for the poor meal, in fact when advised even of the lighting problem she told us we where liars
In summary - avoid avoid....we paid the full price of 90 euro for the worst room, observing dogs locked In the central courtyard all afternoon, return to the hotel after 9pm to complete darkness and having to find door to restaurant, down some side steps, then not even a light in corridors, no air con, no hot water in morning for shower but hey our fault for asking for better room, on checkout they even accused us of not submitting passports, which we did on acceptance of room, we even named the staff member who had photocopied them but hey that was lie too
Like everything, in a foreign country we had driven some distance, did not know where else to go so thought how bad can it be.....a tent would have been far superior
please avoid this place it is shabby, overpriced and does not have anyone to keep the place secure while you and your valuables are at their most vulnerable
You are called a liar by the manager as well as a stupid foreigner who does not understand the language - sorry for the rant

Room tip: there are none
Date of stay: June 2015
Reviewed 16 October 2014

This was advertised as a four star hotel, several of us were staying overnight on a cycling holiday. The rooms were good but the place has some drawbacks which make it less attractive if you have a choice. Mainly the stone floored corridors which seemed to amplify any noise enormously - so if someone is coming back late at night or has to leave early in the morning, watch out. As indicated by other reviewers staff were not much in evidence, but this didn't cause any particular issues. The breakfast was probably the worst we had over the 8 nights in Sardinia, pretty basic continental style with nothing special about it.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Everything is about people. The place is beautiful, nice old building, very convenient. Nevertheless, the staff seems to be a bit indifferent. There was a karaoke evening during our stay and we couldn’t sleep till 2.30 but we tried to be tolerant, it was a holiday time. However, we used Vouchers for our stay and a part of that should have been a welcome drink and a fruit basket in every room- nothing like that. Dinner quite ok but breakfast rather poor- just one croissant per person, two biscottate and some jam. They could do more to make their clients happy.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2011

My wife and I stayed for just one night during our tour of Sardinia. It had much character and we stayed in a clean, comfortable room with very good facilities. We enjoyed an excellent dinner at a reasonable price(a litre of very tasty red wine was just 6 euros), with good friendly service. Villanovaforu is a very small, but pleasant place with little to do and see - ideal for a night or two's visit.

Date of stay: September 2011