All reviews petrol station dual carriageway beans budget hotel the sofa bed free wifi road noise breakfast was included overnight stop quiet room family room would stay again hi express good nights sleep pleasant stay park and ride plenty of parking
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Got a great deal inc breakfast on booking.com. Don't know the area but the hotel is out of town with no bars or restaurants close by so you definitely need a car! Staff helpful and room good as was breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Nope sorry we canceled a week before and u charged us the full price of the room cost which I don't think is right tbh it's wrong we have the right to cancel up to 24hrs which we didn't that was wrong

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Hi Sharna F,

I was quite concerned about the charges on your reservation and I understand this could be a hassle. Mind if we take a closer look at it? I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Mike F.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Would recommend this hotel to anybody the staff are believable they go out of their way to do anything for you. Immaculately clean rooms had a lovely stay thank you to all the staff and management of the Holiday Inn . Would definitely stay again .

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2018

This hotel is located quite a distance away from Canterbury. In fact it is right off a motorway with nothing nearby except for a petrol station. There is no AC in the room and there is no lift (only two stories). You will definitely need a car to stay here. Rooms are what you'd expect from a HI Express. I'd choose a different hotel if I visit Canterbury again.

Room Tip: Choose a room not next to the motorway
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UnaLee
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canterbury, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Hi UnaLee,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel and for staying with us. Helpful and friendly services are our hotel’s highest priorities. I appreciate the high ratings you have given on our service and rooms.

Although I am sorry you had issues with the hotel location. I understand the importance of being in an area where everything is accessible, it is regretful your experience did not measure up to your expectation. We do strive for customer service excellence in everything we do. I forwarded your comments to the upper management of the hotel for review.

Again, thank you for the feedback as we value your visit. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back!

Best,

Zel N.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

restaurant service promised burger on a multi seeded bun , arrived on plain flat white bap. Garlic bread added , not on menu, wouldn't have ordered if indicated. Side salad drenched in dressing , no mention of dressing on menu. Again wouldn't have ordered.
Food temperature poor , overall disappointing, mentioned to staff and no response.
Next time won't be visiting the restaurant

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Hi John M,

Thank you for the honest feedback. I am so sorry for the disappointing experience you had at our restaurant as this is the last thing we want our guests to experience. I'll make sure to share your comments with our restaurant management team. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you would still consider staying with us in the future.

Mike F.