“Fantastic Experience”

Dyrholaey Riding tours
Ranked #9 of 10 Outdoor Activities in Vik
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A small family run horse rental available for those who would like to experience the world famous Icelandic horse on our private black beach. Tolting along black sand with off-shore views of Vestmanneyjar, fresh sea and glacier air while mounted on the horses of Vikings is a guaranteed unique experience. Miđ Hvoll is 170km away from the capital Reykjavik and easily located just off the highway.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My sister and I don't have any experience riding horses, but Katie, our guide, quickly put us at ease. She patiently answered our questions while instructing us, and never pushed us beyond our comfort level. Riding on the private black sand beach was one of the highlights of our trip to Iceland.

1  Thank Susan W
"riders"
"guide"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a fantastic morning with the horses and our tour guides :) Our guides were very friendly and spoke told us enough information about the horses. They also let us enjoy the peacefulness of the beach. The horses were also amazing! Mine had a personality and wanted to eat some grass while we were riding, but it just added to the fun. The horses were well-trained and easy to ride with even though we were beginners.
The views were amazing! An hour was enough time for us to enjoy and not be sore.

1  Thank Bethany L
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I was here during my summer holidays and wanted to go for a horse ride. This is a family business, so there are small tours and they try to give you the best possible experience. I'm an advanced rider and it has always been my dream to try the special gaits the icelandic horses have. The guide picked a horse that suited me really well and I was able to tölt along the beautiful black sand beach. It was a dream come true. I very much recommend this place.

3  Thank danifritzchen
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Katie, who led our private tour, was phenomenal in every which way. She is so friendly, warm, down-to-earth, and welcoming. She was very patient, answered all of my questions and taught me how to be comfortable riding the horse. The minute my friend indicated that she was uncomfortable at the speed, we immediately slowed down. Icelandic horses were gorgeous, well taken care of, and extremely well behaved. The property was out of this world! Prices were very reasonable - less expensive than a competitor that involved a group tour. We were out riding for two hours. Couldn't ask for anything more!

4  Thank Tammie G