“A must see - but nothing exciting”
Review of Hreyfing Spa

Hreyfing Spa
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Blue Lagoon is a must see when you’re in Iceland - but it is pricey (for example we paid 77€ pP at 8pm - it closes 11pm!) and you have to make a reservation otherwise there’s no chance of getting a ticket. Why a must see then? Because it’s a natural spa, the minerals are healing your skin even when simply indulging there and it’s hot enough to keep you warm even during the freezing Icelandic chills - summer and winter;) and every time there’s a short rain fall - there will be a rainbow afterwards! If you want the rainbow you first have to swim through the rain!;)

Write a ReviewReviews (4 643)
All reviews
"visit iceland"
in 46 reviews

186 - 190 of 4 643 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We visited the Blue Lagoon shortly after arriving in Iceland. The trip out there was very scenic and it is not too far from the airport.
The water was warm and soothing. It did not seem overly crowded on a Tuesday mid-morning. I liked the warmest part of the lagoon and I could have taken it a few degrees hotter.
You could get a mask for your face to help your skin and there was a bar in the water.
I would do this again.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Great experience even though it was cold, foggy & rainy. Quite crowded when we got there but line moved quickly. Once in the Lagoon it wasn’t crowed at all.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I had read the reviews before visiting and found the changing room experience much better than I feared. Ladies....you go into the changing room and will come across lockers 1 to 34 and if you find a locker here this is where you will change also. If you pass to the other side of this area and turn left you will come across more area each with a certain number of lockers in them. I wore my cossi under my clothes so undressed and put all of my stuff into locker. Hold the wristband you are given against the scanner until your locker number appears and this will mean it's locked but I would still check the door to make sure it's locked. You then take your towel and go to showers in your cossi or not and shower behind a door. You then go from the changing room to another place where you can meet your partner before going into the Lagoon. I believe the men's changing rooms have a different set up. At no time did I feel hassled and it was a smooth and easy process. The lagoon was lovely. We did the face mask and had a drink in the Lagoon. Spent an hour in the water. We took our own towels as all other towels are white and goodness only knows who ends up with who's towel! Ours were easy to spot. After leaving the Lagoon I took off cossi and showered behind a door and wrapped my towel round myself walked to my locker are and dressed. This was the only time I saw any naked bodies. If you are shy or like me have had mastectomy and don't want people staring you can wrap towel around yourself and get dressed. Seriously it was no where near as bad as I had imagined it to be. We had lunch in the cafe as it was our Ruby Anniversary. A smoked salmon sandwich each and bag of crisps each and alcoholic drink each. Delicious but very expensive for a lunch. A very good experience.