“Yummy ice cream”

Joylato
Ranked #8 of 30 Dessert in Reykjavik
Price range: US$4 - US$14
Reviewed 24 July 2016

This small shop is not on the main street Laugavegur, but we found it by chance when coming back from the Hallgrimskirkja church. The ice cream is very good, they make it on the spot using liquid nitrogen and cow or coconut milk. There are not a lot of flavors but the basic ones, vanilla and chocolate (the only ones we tried) are excellent. More expensive than the regular ice cream though, but they use organic and fresh ingredients. Worth a try!

Reviewed 23 July 2016

What a wild concept. Someone told me there is something similar in LA. I knew something was up when I saw a row of mixers. You pick your type of ice cream, cows milk or coconut, flavor, add one, sauces. They make it to order,using liquid nitrogen. I got vanilla with dark chocolate bits and maple walnuts. My daughter liked their different chai drinks. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves here.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

This little Icecream shop was around the corner from "Hotel Fron", we stayed here on our first night in Reykjavik.

Joylato uses only fresh ingredients and churns out some lip smacking icecream. They use liquid nitrogen to instantly freeze the icecream. They offer a choice of either cow's milk or coconut milk as the base and have a list of ingredients/ sauces to add into the basic flavors.

It's quite a treat to see your icecream being made and served almost immediately!!

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Business was brisk, but they serve customers quickly, especially given that they are making the ice cream up for each customer in individual batches using liquid nitrogen. The Peruvian Chocolate Bliss was delicious.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

This ice cream is so yummy you have to try it! I love that they give you an option if you want your ice cream made with cows milk or coconut milk. We loved this place so much we went twice and I preferred the cows milk. It makes it so much more creamier and is delicious. You have to try it once or even twice!