“Sit at the Bar & Enjoy - Be Sure to Take the Brewery Tour...”

Bryggjan Brugghus Bistro & Brewery
Ranked #39 of 509 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$18 - US$60
Description: Bryggjan Brugghus is Iceland’s 1’st Micro Brewery and bistro located in the trendiest area of Reykjavik harbor side. The bistro offers delicious local foods in a cool atmosphere and world class beverages brewed on site. Our menu’s offer a good variety of local seafood , salads, steaks and dessert’s along with some great street foods to go along with our beer’s that are brewed on the premises. In our bistro we serve lunch and dinner plus brunch on weekends and at our bar we offer a special bar menu, with dishes perfect for nibbling on with some delicious beer. Beer tours on the hour including a 3 or 6 beer tasting flight and for the ever thirsty we also run a beer academy with or without a menu. The kitchen is open for lunch between 11:30 and 15, for dinner from 17:00 – 22:00 and 22:30 on weekends, between 15-17 guest can order food from bar menu. Happy hour everyday from 16.00 - 19.00.
Reviewed 14 May 2017

Located at the harbor - literally on the dock - Right across the street from what I consider the best ice cream shop in town. As usual I sat at the bar and met Dom the Bartender. He definitely took care of me and was able to give me not only an overview of their beers also information about others and the town. I decided to go with the flight where I tried three and to be honest I enjoyed all of them, plus I was also able to try the Bryggjan Hinn Smurdi Session IPA for free and it was my favorite of them all.

Also the very attractive blonde from Poland Kamili was a delight to chat with - I wish I'd had more time in order to go back at least once more.

Þorsteinn H, Public Relations Manager at Bryggjan Brugghus Bistro & Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

That is nice to hear Luvzog, we hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Came in and got the fish of the day soup, which was great, and the flight of 6 beers. Everything in the flight was worthwhile, but the New England IPA was particularly delicious. We also got a description of each beer and a tour of the brewery from Dom, who was fantastic and answered all the questions we could think up. I'd definitely recommend this place if you enjoy craft beer, or just want a nice place to hang out out of the cold.

We are extremely proud of our New England IPA, thank you for your review and be back soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

Best food we had in all of our 5 day trip to Iceland. The drinks were mixed to perfection, the ambiance was classy yet coastal, but above all, the cod with the risotto was the best food! The cod and risotto were the best i've ever had on individual components, and then when you ate them together it was pure liquid gold. This meal put all of my future meals to shame. THANK YOU!

Þorsteinn H, Manager at Bryggjan Brugghus Bistro & Brewery, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2017

Wow, that is nice to hear, hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for the seafood soup and so that my husband and kids could do some beer tasting. Domenico was friendly and extremely knowledgeable about the beers here and beer in general. The seafood soup was excellent and my son loved the fish and chips. Highly recommend a stop in here to warm up and enjoy a meal and some beer... or in my case a nice glass of wine.

That is nice to hear, hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

We enyoyed great shrimps, languistine and moules frites for a great birthday dinner. Can recommend the beertasting samples as well.

Thank you for the review Linus, come back soon.