“Great Brunch and Apple Pie”
Review of Solon Bistro & Bar

Solon Bistro & Bar
Ranked #86 of 575 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$10 - US$42
Cuisines: International, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Description: Solon Bistro offers a great variety of small courses, salads, hamburgers, sandwiches and steaks in addition to fresh fish daily. Solon Bistro is located in the city center, at the top of Bankastraeti just below Skolavördustigur. The old building that Solon resides in is very beautiful with lovely interior design which gives the restaurant a vibrant and romantic look and feel. The second floor is for rent and more information please contact via email. The wine menu is very versatile and you’ll find wines from most of the world’s renowned vineyards. Coffee, drinks, cocktails and snaps of all sorts can be found at Solon Bistro. You're always welcome.
Reviewed 24 November 2017

We popped in here for lunch and I ordered the brunch. Wow, I wasn't expecting so much, great scrambled eggs, orange juice, cocktail suasages, bacon, beans with some salad, with two absolutely delicious American pancakes with maple syrup. My wife had a portion of apple pie, which was devine. Service was faultless and the price was reasonable (for Reykjavik), with a lovely relaxing atmosphere.

Date of visit: November 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1 050)

123 - 127 of 1 050 reviews

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Solon is well priced for the quality of food. Our waiter was a young boy from Prague who spoke good English. We ordered Whale, Salmon, and Lamb. All of the dishes were delicious. The atmosphere is lovely as well. Definitely a place to check out.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

First night I had the meat soup. Fantastic. The waiter stopped me from ordering a main course saying the soup was very filling. He was so right!!!
My wife had the Salmon, again an excellent meal, well presented and such a large piece.
We are back for a second night, great service and food is excellent.
Thank you SOLON.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

We stopped in here for dinner and ended up getting burgers and dessert. There were lots of options on the menu but that's what we were craving. They were cooked to our liking and delicious. The atmosphere is sophisticated and you can watch what's going on on the street through the large windows. Very good!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

My daughter and I ate here twice as it is near our hotel (101 hotel). We thought the food was delicious if pricey, but Iceland itself is a bit pricey, sooo... The atmosphere was relaxing and upscale, but not intimidating. I had a delicious seafood soup as my full meal and my daughter was so happy to get a sophisticated version of mac and cheese. Service was fine, and they offer lots of good drinks and desserts too (we liked the lava cake). It is also in the middle of the main shopping street so very nice to sit down for a while.