“Stellar brunch”

Ranked #47 of 521 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$11 - US$46
Cuisines: International, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Business meetings
Description: Solon Bistro offers a great variety of small courses, salads, hamburgers, sandwiches and steaks in addition to fresh fish daily. Solon Bistro is located in the city center, at the top of Bankastraeti just below Skolavördustigur. The old building that Solon resides in is very beautiful with lovely interior design which gives the restaurant a vibrant and romantic look and feel. The second floor is for rent and more information please contact via email. The wine menu is very versatile and you’ll find wines from most of the world’s renowned vineyards. Coffee, drinks, cocktails and snaps of all sorts can be found at Solon Bistro. You're always welcome.
Reviewed 11 March 2016

While walking all throughout Reykjavik, my wife and I stumbled upon this place. We decided to give the brunch a go and I am certainly glad we did. I decided to try eggs benedict for the first time ever and my wife had the French toast. It was amazing, there was nothing I did not enjoy about the brunch the eggs were perfect as was the hollandaise. I wish I could go back, hopefully one day. Our meal was reasonably priced as well, worth every penny.

1  Thank JDSXM

Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

Four of us had lunch on March 5. We all agreed that the food was very good.

I had the scallops and they are recommended. Very good. Three of us had the excellent mushroom soup and the other had the spaghetti.

Wine list is limited but the selections are ok and we had a refill.

Recommended and I will eat here again

Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

We stopped here for a late lunch
Before a heavy dinner. Our group had the mushroom soup with a side of vegetables and fries, with drinks . It was great. Sorry we already had dinner plans elsewhere, or we would have had more. What we had was great and if you had time, there was a great menu to chose from.

Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

We were here last week after researching "good places to eat in Reykjavik" and this seemed a popular choice from members of Trip Advisor! We were seated and served very efficiently by a lovely member of staff ((who later also helped us in directing us to the nearest food shop))! We were very hungry after a long day of travelling and the food was AMAZING! I ordered a chicken dish, my sister ordered the fish and chips and my mum had the lamb soup. We all said how delicious they were! The only thing I'd want is a slightly bigger portion!! Although it probably didn't help that we were super hungry.. Would definitely recommend this lovely place.

Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

Fish and chips really had no flavour, we asked for lemon so we could squeeze some taste over it. It also came with curly fries which is a bit unusual. My husband had the pulled pork burger which was ok but not very generous portion.