“Amazing fodue”

Ranked #98 of 565 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$16 - US$46
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Le Bistro is a small authentic French bistro and wine bar on Laugavegur, Reykjavik's main shopping street. Serving moderately-priced (for Iceland), classic and contemporary French food along with a great selection of wine and beer. As you step into this casual, lively and bohemic place, the French atmosphere is unavoidable. We serve slow food, with mostly local Icelandic ingredients. This is likely the only the place in the centre with a walk in policy, so you will probably only have to wait a few minutes for a table. Groups of six and more are welcome to book ahead. Bienvenue et bon appetit...
Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Beautiful food, beautiful area! Good prices, lovely atmosphere! Recommend the cheese fondue it was to die for!! Wanted to try the chocolate one but was too full!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 137)

50 - 54 of 1 137 reviews

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

I ate here with my wife. Started with the escargots which were really good. I then ordered the lamb shank, my wife ordered the salmon. Unfortunately, they were both bland. It seemed like the lamb shank had actually been boiled to be honest, it just tastes of nothing. The salmon was also pretty tasteless. My wife then ordered a hot chocolate for an after dinner drink which she also said has little or no taste, which sums up the meal really.

It’s a good looking restaurant, with a really nice atmosphere, but unfortunately the food is not on the same level.

AlexRocha, Owner at Le Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. You are right, this is not up to our standards. We are currently restructuring, refurbishing and hiring new staff for the summer season. We hope you come again, we’ll be ready

Reviewed 30 April 2018

A very unusual place, they served the worst hamburger I have had in Iceland. And I live here.

After reading other reviews I also notice that the owner of the place attacks all the bad reviews he gets. He basically always blames the customer for misunderstanding or something else, if they leave a bad review. This is so unprofessional.

AlexRocha, Owner at Le Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

We are very sorry about your burger. It is unfortunate that you didn’t mention it to our staff when you were at the bistro as we would of course liked to make things right with you. We sell hundreds of hamburgers every week and get very few complaints, but of course something can always go wrong as obviously happened with yours.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We had an amazing meal in this quaint little bistro, it really reminded me of a trip we had to Paris. The French onion soup was amazing and was exactly as it should be bread, cheese and filled with sweet onions, the Camembert was just as amazing served with almonds and honey. Our main course was the reason we choose the restaurant Moules & Frites, I have not tasted mussels like it just wonderful! All enjoyed along with a bottle of sparkling wine, just perfect. I note some reviews say this is expensive, it's no more than any major city and well worth it for a memorable meal.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

The food was pleasant, service was friendly. Very French shabby chic style bistro. Lacks a bit of ooomph. Expensive food and drink like most Reykjavik bars & eateries.