“Great Hot Chocolate”

Mokka Kaffi
Ranked #4 of 42 Coffee & Tea in Reykjavik
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: An Icelandic tradition since 1958. Mokka is one of Reykjavik's oldest cafés and the first to install an espresso machine and serve espresso, cappuccino, and café latte in Iceland. There's a tempting selection of sandwitches, cakes, and the coffee and hot chocolate are excllent with their famous house waffles, served with cream and jam. The déckor - red carpet, leatherette booths and stools - hasn't changed much althought the art on the walls is changed every 4-6 weeks as the café has doubled as an Art gallery with new art for sale since opening.
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Hot chocolate was REALLY good and sitting outside was so nice on a warm summer night. The chairs they have outside are on a nice shopping street with views of Hallgrimskirkja church.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I spent an afternoon in Reykjavik, and I found this amazing place.
The place is small but very picturesque and quaint, it's known to be visited by loads of artists. We ordered some fresh waffles, which were probably the best waffles I've ever had in my life, with side of whipped cream and ham. The atmosphere is warm and cozy and the quality of coffee is outstanding.
I was extremely satisfied with my visit, I'll definitely be back.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

The inside of Mokka smells of fresh waffles and cappuccino, making it an inviting atmosphere from the start. As a solo traveler, this was a great spot to start off and plan out my day. The menu is fairly priced and coffee is delicious. Get there earlier in the day, as I noticed locals begin to flood the coffee shop around 12-13:00 (which is always a good sign!)

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Coffee quality and employee skills never disappoints. This is the only coffee house I would drop by when in Reykjavík.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

A little central cafe with some cases,and Good art on the Wall.The Icelandic artist Trygvi Olafsson.I was told to go there,and had a fine visit there.That was right,I met a clever lieder of a Famous choir there and a painter too.