“A popular local fast food joint”
Review of Hlollabatar

Hlollabatar
Ranked #101 of 545 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Hlöllabátar has been around for a long time. They offer greasy subs for pretty good price. During lunch you get the drinks for free so a good deal. If you feel adventurous try the Línubátur, a sub with ham and shrimp. Surprisingly good.

1  Thank Trausti R

Reviewed 9 February 2017

The sandwiches here are the best I've ever had and they are open late too!!! I had La Bomba both nights. Tasted the roast beef and it was incredible too.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

This place was directly across the street from where we stayed. We were unsure of the type of food they offered, but wow, what a nice surprise. It's no secret the prices in Iceland serve up a bit of "sticker shock" for most travelers, but this was a little more reasonably priced and it tasted great. My husband had a type of sub, and I had a cheeseburger. We ordered a small fry to share (and it was huge.) Total was about 30 American dollars. We took it back to our room to eat and watch a little T.V. We liked it so much we told others about it and went back 2 days later for dinner again.

Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Not expensive, fast, hot and tasty sandwiches in the middle of town. Enjoyed! I think the locals go there as well. No lines practically.

Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place. I got a cheeseburger, maybe it wasn't made with beef bc it tasted horrid ? I don't know. A lot of the reviews are on other food so I may go back and give it a try with something else. Burger was under cooked, didn't taste like beef at all.