“It's closed down!!! But mat bar close by superb ”
Review of Rosenberg - CLOSED

Rosenberg
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Rosenberg Reykjavik, now under new management, is a Brasserie with local food, craft cocktails, bar menu, speciality coffee & live entertainment some nights. Rosenberg is a place where anything can happen, and probably will at some point
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Went in search of this place only to find it has closed down. So just wanted to let other tripadvisors know so you don't do the same. So went instead on a locals advice to a tapas bar round the corner- MAT BAR. Superb tapas ( wolf fish on skewers/ spicy shrimp n the beets with walnuts)and not over the top expensive either by iceland standards.

8  Thank kalps

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We went on Culture Day (Aug 19, 2017). To say the street was crazy is an understatement. We were hungry and had our 2 year old with us. We were able to find a table. The prices on the menu are a little high, but the MUST EAT ITEM is the fish and chips. Being from Alaska I know a lot about fish and chips and these take the cake...they were amazing! Service probably wasn't the best this night but to give them credit it probably was their busiest night of the year. mainly writing this review so I remember for next year when we visit so we can eat them again :)!

1  Thank Allison C
Reviewed 11 September 2017

This restuarant was right across the street from my hotel, and after a day-long tour to the south coast it was a convenient choice for a weary traveler. It reminded me of a neighborhood joint at home where the live music was the star, and not the food. All wood, kind of dark, service was a bit slow. Fish and chips were fine. But the char-roasted cabbage wedge with a parmesan cheese sauce and some sort of crunchy nut sprinkled in was one of the top five dishes I had during my two weeks in Norway and Iceland. If I had the energy I would have loved to have stayed for the music, but will have to save that experience for my next trip to Iceland.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

I am a local in Reykjavík and I'm used to the prices in Iceland. They are high, I know! But normally in a restaurant in Reykjavík you pay a price and get a big portion and great food. This was not the case here. The food was really bad, the 7 of us got tasteless food or just bad food and a few went hungry from the table. To top it all the prices on the icelandic menu were often higher than on the english one. There are many great restaurants in Reykjavík, this is not one of them.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

The happy hour chicken wings are yummylicious! Highly recommend them. Also their sourdough toast is quite good and their fish... mmmm, yumm yumm. Rosenberg has been known in Iceland as a kind of a dive bar, but the place recently switched owners and they are doing a stand up job of building the place up, still keeping the Rosenberg vibe, but somehow making it nicer. It's totally worth the visit, the food is good and the staff is lovely.