Our House(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$537
  • Breakfast included
22 Hill Hotel(Reykjavik)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$455
US$582
Reviews (1 884)
1 884 results
All reviewscity centremiso soupnice hotelfree shuttleshuttle servicebusiness hotelminute walktaxi ridelobby barhappy hourbreakfast buffetexecutive roomnorthern lightsthe hotel offerslarge bathroomreception staffblue lagoon
16 - 21 of 1 884 reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a three night stay in Reykjavik after a two week Baltic Sea cruise. The hotel was assessable from the airport and close enough to be able to walk to restaurants and grocery store. It is a pleasant 20-30 minute walk to downtown or a five minute taxi ride if you prefer. The room was clean and bed was comfortable. The included buffet breakfast was good although at peak times in this summer season it was very crowded. The reception staff were excellent with recommendations for eating out, booking places or ordering taxis. We had a great stay here to finish off our three week holiday.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

So many people, mostly Asian.
Breakfast was impossible to find a place to sit and the line was horrendous. Our room was just OK but needed renewing! Would never stay here again! Viking Cruises assigned us this hotel!' It is way below Viking Standards! Disappointed!!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Bartek Z, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Kathryne S,

I'm really unhappy that your experience with our hotel was below our own standards.
Our breakfast buffet consists of a large variety of food, including organic and American&English breakfast. As everywhere there might be a time of the day when our restaurant might be quite full, however, it never lasts for too long. Our breakfast restaurant can fit approximately 200 guests at a time, so it was very unlucky that it was so crowded at the time you were going to enjoy our breakfast.
We are constantly working on modernising our hotel rooms and exchanging damaged furniture.
I'm sorry to hear that you are so disappointed and I will be happy to show you our Grand side while on your next visit to Iceland.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of my Iceland trip and then 2 nights at the end. The hotel is spacious; clean and modern. It is not in the city centre but about a 20 minute walk away. Breakfast is included and has a huge variety. Dinner is delicious and the chef was so accommodating. The junior suite is large with a big bath and shower. The standard room has no bath just the shower. Shuttle to airport for a cost and parking lot on site. I would recommend staying as an alternative to in the city centre but this does offer a reason to walk more. Very friendly staff and service.

Room Tip: View of the water and junior suite
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marlene S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When planning our road trip of Iceland, my son booked all of our rooms around the island, except the one in Reykjavik, he let me pick the hotel. That was going to be our last stop (two nights) of the trip and I wanted something fabulous. After doing lots of research, I opted for this hotel. It “looked” (pictures) and “sounded” (reviews) fabulous. Had better reviews than some of the other hotels, and we got a (what I thought) good rate compared to some of the others (too good to be true??) Maybe I didn’t do enough research.
Upon arriving on a late Friday afternoon, we were greeted with a hotel full of people. Apparently there was a conference or something going on and it was extremely noisy and loud. Front desk personnel was nice, nothing outstanding, but not rude. They had a hard time finding my reservation, maybe because I booked it 5 months in advance, I don’t know..so I had to pull out all my confirmation info. (Good thing I kept it) We got up to our room, which sadly faced the atrium, and again, you could hear all the noise from downstairs, even AFTER closing the small windows.
The room was large enough and updated. Bathroom was really nice and large, and included both a tub and shower.
Bed wasn’t what I consider 4 or 5 star but maybe that’s just how they are in Iceland??
Bed was on the hard side and pillows were almost non existent (flat). Based on the other four hotels we stay at through the country, this bed was the worst. Nonetheless, we survived
I also thought I reserved 2 beds, but it was only one, so my son and I had to share the bed. Not terrible, but I’d have preferred army own bed.
The room was warm, but there was a thermostat on the wall so I was able to cool it off. I understand that this is “Iceland”, however, the rooms are inside, not outside, so being able to bring in some air circulation was nice. The bathroom definitely needed some ventilation. After our showers, it was very humid in the bathroom and room.
WiFi in our room was spotty and it was definitely really slow, however, we purchased (rented) a portable WiFi box when we arrived in Iceland, to bring with us on the road trip. We had to disconnect from the hotel WiFi and connect to our portable WiFi in order to be able to connect to social media, emails, etc..
I ordered once from room service (Friday night). I ordered a margarita pizza. Again, subpar. Looked and tasted like a Jenos frozen pizza, except larger and thicker. For the price, I really expected something better.
Saturday night was a lot less noisy. Maybe because there were no events or maybe because we arrived real late after a day of exploring. Whatever the case I was happy because we were leaving early the next morning.
Overall, it has the “bells and whistles”, if you will, and I guess if you stay in a room not facing the atrium and there are no events, it would be a decent place to stay.
I would not stay at this hotel again, if I ever went back, based on this one experience.
It really wasn’t what I was expecting.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank MelissaS2
Bartek Z, Front Office Manager at Grand Hotel Reykjavik, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear MelissaS2,

Thank you for your review.
Our hotel is a place full of life and it can sometimes be noisy in our lobby. However, we make sure that our staff working during the night will stop every noise before the quiet hours. I'm happy that you liked our room - we are always trying to keep them updated to make your comfort best possible.
Regarding issues you were facing in our hotel - it is always good to check which room type is being booked - our atrium rooms are always a little bit cheaper due to lack of view, however, they are really good deal-breaker for everyone who is not a morning view hunter.
We are not always receiving requests regarding bed type unless it is booked directly on our website - issues with agencies and their systems - but we would definitely be able to change your room to preferred bedding when only we would know about it during your check-in time. You can also control the temperature and power of ventilation with a switcher which is located on the wall which is splitting bathroom and your hotel room. I still hope that you will give us a chance on your next trip to Iceland - we truly are providing best service!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for three nights while touring Iceland. The pluses were the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. Negatives were the temps in the hallways and especially the rooms. The only way to raise the temp in the room is to open a small window. I realize that ccoling a room in Iceland is not required very often but it would have nice to have a comfortable room. Another problem was the breakfast buffets. Way overpriced at $32+ and no fresh omelets or waffles, only precooked.
I'll look for another place next time.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert S

Dear Robert S,

Thank you for pointing out the cleanliness of the room and friendly staff.
Some of our rooms may get too warm due to the sun shining through the window, however indeed - opening the window is a very efficient way to cool it down due to our climate, where the average temperature in Iceland throughout the year is somewhere between 2 to 7,1 Celsius degree.
I'm also surprised that you didn't enjoy our breakfast, as we are getting very nice reviews regarding our buffet and service provided there. I will definitely pass your comments to our Restaurant Manager.