Open today: 09:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
RingTour Iceland - Thank you Nordic Visitor

We have travelled extensively throughout the world and mainly do our own planning and booking... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Geonoel
Melbourne, Australia
Exceeded all expectations

We cannot say enough about NV. The entire process was extremely easy. Hanna was our contact and... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Lindsay P
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Reykjavik
from US$139,00
from US$104,70
from US$47,20
from US$359,10
More Info
All reviews travel consultant full circle self drive tour rental car optional activities suggested route nordic countries road map extra days detailed map ring road wifi hotspot natural wonders of iceland grand tour northern lights south iceland planning process
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Our tour was fantastic. Our travel consultant, Silja, was so helpful during the planning stage & while we were in country & on our drive. The accommodations were small, usually remote with breathtaking views. Rooms were clean & staff very friendly. The distances planned for travel each day allowed us to drive at leisure & stop to view many sights. The only negative we experienced was with rental car. It was “well-used”. The warning light for worn brake pads came on during our first day. We contacted Reykjavík Car Rental & Nordic Visitor with our concerts & basically we were told not to worry as it was just a warning light. With the remoteness of some of the areas we drove through, it was a concern. We would definitely used Nordic Visitor again but would be more discriminating concerning car rental.

2  Thank katek343
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Because of Hurricane Irma, my wife Amy and I scrapped our trip to Key West and decided to go to Iceland. Amy found Nordic Visitor on Trip Advisor and after looking at all the tour packages decided to take "The Natural Wonders of Iceland" 9-day guided group tour. Once we booked our trip, we were contacted immediately by Silja our Nordic Visitor Travel Consultant. The level of customer service provided by Silja was the best we have ever experienced. We decided to come in a day early, stay an additional day on the back end in Reykjavik, and take a helicopter tour which Silja took care of booking the hotel and helicopter tour and adjusting the transportation transfers from Keflavik Airport to Reykjavik and back. The level of detail on the itinerary and tour was outstanding. Our personal tour guide and driver Boga was so friendly, professional and down to earth. Her privately owned tour van was very comfortable and clean. Since our group was only 7 of us and we were always on time when and where we needed to meet at our stops, Boga said we had some extra time and would take us off the beaten path to see other sights that she considered special, which they were. Every hotel, restaurant, and stop on our tour were specifically picked out based on Nordic Visitors high standards. Because we had such a small group, in the middle of our tour, Nordic Visitor let two employees join our tour for a few days. Surprisingly one of them was Silja our travel consultant and her coworker Kolbrun. It was some much fun having them with us. They made our tour experience that much more special. Thanks to Nordic Visitor, Amy and I both agree that this was the best vacation we have ever had, nothing short of first class and worth every cent. We will definitely user Nordic Visitor for our next European trip.

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 23 June 2018

Iceland has been on my bucket list for awhile. I have several friends that have visited and was in awe of their pictures. I asked them for tips on where to go but quickly realized that it would be difficult to plan the trip on my own - so many logistics that I did not have the time, energy, or expertise to figure out. I searched online for travel agencies and am so glad that I went with Nordic Visitor. They exceeded my expectations! Prior to the trip, I received a detailed breakdown of hotels and excursions included in the "adventure" self-driving tour that I booked. Upon arriving in Iceland, I received a welcome bag which included a printed copy of my personal itinerary, vouchers for all services booked (including contact info for all vendors), a mobile phone to use in country, and maps with color-coded highlights for 1) my suggested driving route, 2) where my accommodations were each night, and 3) recommended sites to see. Upon picking up my rental car, I received a Wifi hotspot for the car - I didn't realize this was included and it was beyond helpful to be connected, especially as we opted to use Waze instead of the vehicle's GPS. My travel consultant was Katrin and she was always helpful, kind, and quick to respond. Katrin was incredibly service oriented and intent on ensuring we had a good experience. We had a couple of last minute requests (eg wanting to see Puffins) and she was able to work quickly with vendors and advocate on our behalf. So many highlights on this trip but if I had to narrow it down to our favorites, I would say they are the following:
For pre-booked excursions: ATV tour along the South Coast, Zodiac boat ride at the Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, Snowmobile tour at Vatnajokull (Europe's largest glacier), and White-Water Rafting through the scenic gorges of Vestari-Jokulsa.

For Waterfalls - Godafoss (most visually stunning) and Seljalandsfoss (unique walking path behind the waterfall)

For towns to stop in: Vik (basalt rock columns, black sand beach) and Seydisfjordur (very charming town with a rainbow road)

For food: Forretta Barinn in Reykjavik (our best meal of the whole trip), Hafnarbudin in Hofn (yummy fish and chips), Kaffi Lara in Seydisfjordur (delicious and afforable meals)

1  Thank Jamie T
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We found Nordic visitor via a google search and what a find. With over 30 years of traveling They are the best travel agency we have ever used.

They are professional, super helpful, nothing was a problem. Christoph was amazing!!! From the supplying to our hotel our travel pack with highlighted map or roads to take and things to do, through to accommodation, car hire and transportation. They made our holiday so seamless and enjoyable. Looking forward to booking our other trips through them in the future

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Our original agent at Nordic Visitors was very helpful in putting together a 7 day package of our trip to Iceland. The selected tours (and the tour operators they chose) were exceptionally good and we had a marvelous time. I should point out that they tend to try and book the least expensive of everything, so if you want a more deluxe trip and accommodation, be sure to stress that from the beginning. Fortunately for us, when I discovered the kind of room they booked at our hotel (Foss Reykjavik) I realized this was the cheapest "group" room. We happily paid a surcharge to get an upgrade to a Tower Business Room which was a little bit better. Keep in mind that there are no deluxe hotels in Iceland (until the new Marriott opens in 2019). This agency is very informative and willing to help with any request you may have. We recommend them!

1  Thank Thom W