“Best bakery in town!”

Sandholt Reykjavik
Ranked #4 of 14 Bakeries in Reykjavik
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: We are a family run bakery and eatery in downtown Reykjavik. You can drop by from 6:30 every morning and enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

My family and I visited Sandholt quite a few times during our week long visit. We were so grateful our place was in walking distance of this fine establishment. Here’s a breakdown of my thoughts:

Service: you’re greeted with very friendly staff members upon entering. They did their best to seat you quickly, which was nice as the place can get quite crowded. However, once seated, it took a little while to be greeted by our waiter/waitress but I get it, they’re busy. Other than the small wait, the staff was kind.

Food: Love love love. We only ever had breakfast here but it was my family’s favorite in Reykjavik. The pastries are fresh and delectable, the coffees strong and tasteful. Everything hit the spot. We would even order pastries to go because we loved them so much.

Ambiance: clean, cozy, and comfortable - my type of bakery. I loved everything about the atmosphere here.

Overall, I’d definitely recommend Sandholt and I’ll definitely be back.

1  Thank courtno91
Write a ReviewReviews (1 538)

99 - 103 of 1 538 reviews

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We came here after our early-morning arrival in Reykjavik to get warm, have coffee and get our bearings. This is a lovely bakery with a decent menu of options for breakfast or lunch and gorgeous pastries and cakes.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

Great place with fresh & delicious food! Amazing sandwiches. The Pastries were also very delicious! Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

Considering how conveniently located it is and how consistently good the food is, we ended up coming here a lot — breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The pastries are divine. And the staff was always friendly.

1  Thank FatHelga
Reviewed 9 January 2018

We ate at Sandholt three times when in Sandholt. Twice for breakfast, once for lunch. The food is always fresh, delicious, and the perfect sized meal. The deserts and chocolates are the first thing to entice you in the door, followed by breads and pastries. The menu is varied, and the coffees are strong. I do recommend reservations for breakfast, or there may be a wait.

I saw people have complained about the service...It is every European, meaning, do not go in if you are in a rush. Be in the moment, and enjoy the moment along with the great food.

1  Thank JohnZ1961