“Delicious food and cozy spot”
Review of Sandholt

Sandholt
Ranked #2 of 12 Bakeries in Reykjavik
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped by for lunch and we were pleasantly surprised by the delicious sandwiches and lunch options. The quiche came with a salad and bread and was very good. The sandwiches on offer are delicious and decent prices. Amazing baked goods on offer - couldn’t leave without grabbing a scone for the road.

Reviews (1 390)

31 - 35 of 1 390 reviews

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped by for lunch to warm up with a light lunch and a coffee. We ordered two lattes, the soup of the day (beets and paprika), and a chicken sandwich. The lattes were smooth and creamy and not too strong. The soup was very good and was served with some toasted sourdough bread. The chicken sandwich could have been better if the ciabatta was lightly toasted. But the fillings were very fresh and had an avocado spread, mayo, roasted tomatoes, and some baby greens.
The ambience of the place was nice and comfortable. A perfect place to chat with friends or just take a break from walking. They had a few spots with couches and the front of the bakery had a delicious display of pasteries. The place was bright and clean and service was nice as well.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place on accident however, I liked this place so much that I visited it multiple times during my stay in Iceland. I wish I could have tried one of everything. If you have time go to this place.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Sandholt, located on Laugavegur, the main shopping street in Reykjavik, was our first stop after arriving at our hotel. They open super early and stay open later than a lot of the shops and cafes on Laugavegur, so I really like them. We would often stop in for a mid-afternoon or post-dinner treat since they sell all sorts of goodies – sandwiches, bread sliced to order, pastries, desserts, etc. They also have a little “deli” section in the front with cured meats, cheeses, jams, and skyr.

On our first morning in the city, we stopped in for breakfast at about 9am. We were seated right away and service was prompt and attentive. Everyone had a breakfast plate with sausages, eggs, salad, and sourdough. I opted for their smoked salmon on a soft pretzel, which was yummy but a bit hard to eat. I also had an oat milk latte, which was my first. It was surprisingly good!

I’ve also had a couple of their pastries and sandwiches during our week there. Their mushroom spread with cheese and tomato sandwich is to die for!

The bakery in the front operates by a number system, so make sure that you grab a number when you enter!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We bought some delicious pastries from Sandholt. Service was friendly and the pastries so yummy. Highly recommended.