“Amazing food!”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 October 2017

I know KEX hostel for their free events. I have gone there and seen a lot of great free shows - but I had never tried the food until last week. And sweet jesus what a loss for me! I had the salmon and I was SO surprised! It was so good and I can highly recommend eating there! I will definitely be back there for another round of salmon - which I am normally not a big fan of! :O

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Kex is a cool and unpretentious joint serving the best burgers in Reykjavik. Fabulous meat, people. And the draught Boli is just perfect aside.

Warning: If you don't like hipsters and backpackers, go find another place.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

This was my second time at Kex but my first time eating at their restaurant. My friends and I had a great time. Cool ambience, service was average, food was tasty. Yes its expensive but what isn't in Iceland? Embrace it and enjoy your time there!

Reviewed 27 September 2017

The ambience of Kex Hostel deserves 5 stars. Very cool hotel packed with hipsters. I stopped by to drink and eat, not to stay, and I was fascinated with the atmosphere. But foods are mediocre compared with other aspects. You can try several craft beers.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Kex has a great atmosphere and fun events but honestly the staff at the bar is so nonchalant and unattentive that you wouldn't want to go here for dinner. When ordering they make you feel like you are bothering them (that is after you have waited several minutes standing by the bar to get their attention in the first place). This would all be tolerable if the food was good, but it's acceptable at most considering the prices. Sorry Kex, you really need to raise the standard on service and food.

2  Thank 123 471