“Best cafe that we visited”
Review of Cafe Babalu

Cafe Babalu
Ranked #5 of 41 Coffee & Tea in Reykjavik
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

We came here for breakfast and definitely because of the chai advertising. The decor of the cafe is amazing, it’s so adorable and cozy. I got the chai tea which is their special brew and a berry crepe. It was a good meal, and the drink was delicious. Everything in total was about $15, and it was a big portion so I felt it was worth it. If I lived in Reykjavik, this cafe would definitely be a place where I would hangout often!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 368)

14 - 18 of 1 368 reviews

Reviewed 9 May 2018

What a wonderful and quaint little cafe.
Wonderful food , staff very friendly. I had a vegan chilli which was awesome and very filling. Followed by a wonderful vegan carrot cake.
Most surprising was most of the staff were French. wonderful friendly people. felt right at home.
Cant recommend enough

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

This is my favourite place to eat in Reykjavík. A cozy atmosphere and reasonable prices are just a few reasons why it’s lovely. There is a variety of food for vegetarians, vegans and omnivores alike! Try the vegan carrot cake!!! The staff is incredibly lovely and friendly not to mention the super awesome Star Wars themed bathroom!! No matter what you order I can promise it is delicious!

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

We went here first after parking up in the city centre, we had an awful few days of being stranded in snow blizzards and driving through awful conditions so we were just happy to be relaxed, sat in a warm place just having a simple tea and coffee. I had the tea my Fiancé had coffee, and I had a chocolate muffin. All standard but nice.
The place is super Cute, very hipster I guess but still really lovely. The toilets were star wars themed which was cool.
I really liked this place and highly recommend, the only reason I gave it 4 stars rather than 5 was the service we got when we first walked in was a bit ignorant, there were 2 tables free uncleaned and the girl cleaning up just looked at us, looked at the table (we thought at that point she was going to offer to clean away the cups and plates), then walked off. So we moved them ourselves. We then noticed about 20 mins later 2 really loud women walk in and the same waitress runs over and is making sure it's all clean and asking if they need anything so it kind of made us feel like we had been treated differently just because we were polite. However a guy came over to us later on and asked if we needed anything and was really nice so maybe it was just that one waitress. It didn't ruin our experience and would still go back again.

Reviewed 3 May 2018

We found this place near Hallgrimskirkja church. It is like an Aladdin’s cave of treasures, memorabilia and whimsical. The menu is simple but budget friendly, however it does not disappoint in taste. There are two floors and the friendly staff leave you to settle in and chat away. We returned for a second visit.