“Great Gluten Free Brunch! ”

The Laundromat Cafe
Ranked #106 of 535 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Popped in here on our first day in Reykjavik, gluten-free menu but nowhere to sit! We came back this morning for a breakfast/brunch, and did not disappoint. Gluten-free menu and the waitress was knowledgable about this. I went for the Basic breakfast (without bread) and got a decent portion of eggs and bacon which were fresh and beautifully cooked. They also had a dairy free menu so great for free-from travellers!! Couldn't recommend enough.

Write a ReviewReviews (3 242)

390 - 394 of 3 242 reviews

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Stopped in twice while in town and had really good food both times. Avocado toast with egg, pancakes, and fish soup were all great. The dirty brunch kept me full until dinner.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

The place was too buzy , staff pre occupied .. bad service and terrible food . Tables were dirty . Maybe a bad time of the day .

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

I'd have given this spot 5* "excellent" rating but unfortunately the service let it down. When you arrive the restaurant operates on "take a seat and we'll see you" policy - I guess this works great when the staff see you or paying attention to who's coming and going. After sitting for close to 10 minutes we were eventually approached and given menus from here the experience picked up.

We bother ordered Americano coffee and pancakes with maple syrup. The coffee was fresh and pancakes really blew me away, small in size but thick and light - a stack of 5 was perfect.

Paying was easier as you just go to the counter.

Overall I really like this place, nice atmosphere, full of busy, good food and interesting interior. Just shame about the service.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Washed clothes here while in the middle of our 9 day trek around Iceland/Scandinavia and I'm so glad I did. We didn't eat here but I could see the food looked good and there was a really great vibe throughout the place. We washed clothes and had a few beers while the boys played in the play area. The washing is reasonable and they have all the stuff you need. The cafe is clean with great service from the staff and a cool decor inside. If it wasn't so late when we went we would have had desert here too but the few drinks we had was good enough. This is truly a great concept and there should be laundromat cafes all over Europe! Loved it loved it loved it!!!!

1  Thank MikeRenee C