“Great night out”

Ranked #41 of 535 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$17 - US$50
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Scandinavian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: In 2010 a young chef from Húsavík, was awarded Chef of the year 2010 in Iceland.The young chef, Gústav spent months traveling around Iceland looking for the real taste of Iceland, along the way he found a few things that are key items of the interior of the restaurant.Take a look at our menu, it will be our pleasure to fire up the old grill when you honor us with a visit.
Reviewed 15 January 2018

We arrived in Reykjavik in the early evening and walked straight to this grill - it was very close to where we were staying and it was the first restaurant that we saw. What a great choice! The staff were fantastic (efficient, helpful and friendly) and the food was great too. The helpings were generous, even the prawn and lobster salad had a very plentiful proportion of seafood. The atmosphere was lovely; being very warm and cosy. This was one of a number of very good meals that we had in Iceland, which left us with a highly favourable impression of Icelandic food and restaurants. Definitely worth the visit. I would be happy to dine there again.

1  Thank littlehawke
Write a ReviewReviews (2 899)

51 - 55 of 2 901 reviews

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We had the Christmas set meal (grilled lamb) and reindeer burger (which tasted like a beef burger). Food was delicious (especially the dessert) and in big portion. Service was great, fast and accommodating as well.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

We arrived quite late in Reykjavík and came across this restaurant. We never booked but staff were friendly and accommodating. My wife opted for the pork belly and I had the cod. All very nicely presented and tasted good! As with any activity or purchase in Iceland it’s on the expensive side but worth a visit.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

I went with my mother to Sjávargrillið and had the lobster taco and my mother had the lobster salat. Both dishes tasted really good. They opened up the place for us even though it wasn’t supposed to be opened until 10 min later. We had excellent service and the atmosphere was very nice.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Had the most amazing langoustine tacos. Would highly recommend eating here. I’m only sorry I didn’t visit this restaurant more than once.