“UNO is Number One”
Review of Uno - CLOSED

Uno
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: As an artisan bistro we care about quality ingredients. We get up early to bake bread and all our sauces, hot and cold, are made from scratch.
Reviewed 12 August 2017

Pardon the pun, but UNO Is a pretty nice place. It has outdoor (and indoor) seating and is situated on a main square that is nowhere near as rambunctious and populated as others in the city. Service was prompt and competent, but the real allure is the food. I had quite possibly the best Artic Char on the planet, grilled perfectly. If you are in Reykjavik and want perfectly grilled fish, go here. We also had rack of lamb, which was quite good. Beware, though, just like the rest of Iceland, it is expensive! The lamb was $54 USD, the Char was $28, and a beer was $12.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

We had just finished our whale excursion and were walking around looking for a place to eat. It was a gorgeous day in August, about 54 degrees and sunny-ish. We saw the nice seatings (a couple of couches) with blankets on chairs that overlooked the square. They had set up a large TV screen showing soccer so we got a table outside and had some lovely fish and waffle fries (ran out of chips). Yes the prices were high but every place was expensive so this was normal by our fifth day. Why not 5 stars? Service was okay. We had 4 different waitresses and so no one seemed to be particularly attentive. That being said, we never sat for long without flagging someone down for more drinks when needed.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Went here for dinner because we had seen the outdoor seating the day before, and it looked like a nice place. We saw the reviews about poor service, and thought maybe it had been a bad day or something.
It was cloudy out so it wasn't as busy, but we still sat outside because it is a nice atmosphere. After ordering drinks, the waitress didn't come by the table for an hour. We tried flagging her down, but didn't have any luck. When she finally came, we decided to pay and go somewhere else for dinner, fearing that we would have been there all night waiting.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

After another day of much walking and seeing the amazing sights of Reykjavik it was welcome relief to sit down inside a smoke free environment and enjoy a very good meal. No issues or complaints about service or our meal.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

I had lunch here my first day, which is when I had my first somewhat shocking restaurant bill. For a "Fish and Chips" wrap and a beer, I paid $42. Now I will say that the wrap was delicious, but the price seemed a bit steep for what I got. To the server's credit, she originally brought me the wrong beer, she then got the right one and left both for me to enjoy, but only charged me for one.

The restaurant is right on the main town square so you see lots of activity. It's a great place to stop during your day of walking around.