“Delightful Desserts”

Ranked #50 of 510 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe Loki offer Icelandic meat soup, Icelandic sample plates, homemade bread and cakes. Icelandic traditional homemade dishes are our specialty. You can taste fermented shark and dried fish but Icelandic meat soup and our Icelandic plates are most popular among the Rye Ice cream and Skyr cake. Beautiful view over Reykjavik, Hallgrimskirkja church and to mountain Blafjoll. Icelandic food.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stopped in for a little something after visiting Hallgrimskirkja. I had the coffee and chocolate cake. T had hot chocolate and the waffle with caramel and skyr. They were both delicious! The whipped cream with the chocolate cake was so good. It has a different taste than heavy whipped cream that we have here in the states.

Reviews (2 347)

42 - 46 of 2 348 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very good and friendly service.

I had the meat soup special which also includes coffee and the lamb on bread.

The soup was great, lots of meat and very tasty. I loved the smoked lamb, very tasty.

I also had the ‘taster’ shark. Worth a try if you haven’t had it before.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Wonderful reviews of the food and the cafe’s proximity to Hallgrimskirkje put this place e on our”to do” list in Reykjavik. It did not disappoint! We all appreciated the view of the church and statue in the sun from our table on the main floor. Lunch for me was a fabulous lamb soup accompanied by the most delicious thick slab of buttered dark rye bread. My daughters had the #1 Icelandic Sampler which she enjoyed ( she is braver than I) and the other daughter had the Vegetarian plate which she pronounced to be “Superb”. Highly re on end!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

While walking by Loki to catch the bus, we smelled the most amazing aroma coming from the restaurant. So we decided to give it a try and I'm so glad we did. I had the mashed fish which was a type of casserole which was very good. But the best thing about the place is the rye bread. It was fantastic. And a must try is the rye bread ice cream. It's more like a bread pudding than ice cream. But it was to die for! The servers were very nice and helpful, answering questions. If you eat up on the second floor, you have a very nice view of the church and street below.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel recommended this for authentic Icelandic food. I'm a rather picky eater, yet I really enjoyed the Icelandic Sampler #1.. except for the sheep jelly portion. My husband had a traditional Icelandic soup with rye bread. He loved it. Rye bread ice cream is a must... it's delicious and it does taste like rye bread! The skyr pie tasted a bit like lemony key lime pie.

For breakfast, my husband enjoyed the herring on rye bread, and I had the pancake plate. My portion was huge... it had 4 large crepes, two rolled with sugar and two packed with delicious whipped cream and jelly. Yummy but really a lot for one person.

Prices quite reasonable for this quality and this town