“Conscientious staff and lovely food. ”
Review of Hofnin

Hofnin
Ranked #45 of 541 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, View
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Hofnin has a beautiful seaside view overlooking the harbour.
Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

I came here with my family and family friends, upon recommendation of our tour guide.
We decided to stop here because of the menu. As we came in it was 6:50pm (just before their happy hour finished) they extended happy hour for us until after we had ordered, which was a lovely gesture.
Everyone ordered, and I ordered chips (as I am vegan and there is no vegan option. There is a veggie option of aubergine lasagne). While I was happy with my order (with added beer of course) the waiter came up and said the chef offered to make a salad for me. I said thank you, but I’ll stick with my chips.
(I had a salad elsewhere the night before and left almost the whole dish, it was disgusting, and I was charged a fortune for it which had put me off).
When the food arrived I had my chips, which were delicious, and a salad compliments of the chef. This was honestly the nicest gesture I have received as a vegan and completely made my experience. The salad was delicious, it should be offered as an option on the menu!!
Thank you so much, I appreciate it more than you know!

The staff were wonderful and the service was quick, I can definitely recommend.

Hopefully I’ll get to return again one day!

Sigrun S, Guest Relations Manager at Hofnin, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Thank you for posting the review, it's much appreciated. We are happy that you liked the salad. We don't like anyone to leave our restaurant hungry!
We do hope you had a nice time in Iceland and welcome back.
The Höfnin Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1 063)

47 - 51 of 1 063 reviews

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Had a meal here was freshly cooked and tasted amazing. Set In a lovely location on the harbour, well worth a visit. Food was outstanding.

Thank you for the review, it's much appreciated. We are happy you liked the food and found the restaurant worth visiting.
We hope you had a nice time in Iceland and welcome back.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Walked passed this restaurant which looked inviting and cosy. We hadn’t booked but we’re shown to a table by the window with nice views across the harbour. The menu was extensive and the dishes were beautifully presented. The wine was not cheap but nothing is in Iceland so you just have to get your head around that fact. We enjoyed a very nice red. The staff were incredibly friendly and attentive- definitely recommend

Thank you for posting the review and recommending us, it's much appreciated. We are happy to hear you liked the food and our friendly staff. We hope your trip to Iceland was enjoyable, and welcome back.

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

We ate here on our first night in Reykjavik and we were so tempted to go back every night! Perfectly situated in the old harbour, we walked in and were asked if we had a reservation, which we didn’t. Our delightful server said he would fix that for us right away and gave us a lovely little table at the back of the restaurant, quiet enough for 2, but we could still see everything.

Small, cosy but with such charm, and there are only about 10 tables in the restaurant. Perfect for couples, but they did have one big table which could sit about 6 people, thankfully it was empty while we were there!

Our server was attentive and very informative, telling us about each dish we queried and offering his suggestions. For starters we both opted for the seafood soup, and I think, by far, it was the dish of the whole trip for us both. He brought out two soup bowls, in which your fish (scallops, langoustine and mussels), fresh whipped cream and a basil oil (?) was beautifully arranged, and he then poured the broth from a small pot into the bowl. It was wonderful!!! Such a deep, smoky flavour which caught you a little at the back of the throat, but I’ve never tasted anything so amazing in my life! I didn’t want it to end!

For main course I was a little torn between the chicken and the pizza naan, but I opted for the pizza naan and my partner had the fish stew. By this point I was starting to feel full, so the thought of having a pizza was becoming a bit of a regret, but luckily it was quite small in size for a pizza - closer to a naan I guess! But it was lovely, topped with fresh tomato and rocket, with beautiful chunky langoustine on top, and creamy little dollops of some kind of cheese. Couldn’t eat it all mind! My partners fish stew was also good, a lot thicker than what a British stew might be, it was almost like a risotto in texture, but the flavours were perfect!

With a couple of beers and a soda water, this came to about 15,000ISK, Around £105. By far our best meal in Reykjavik and we will definitely be back one day! Thank you!!

Thank you very much. It's a real pleasure for us to read the review. Our friendly staff has a good knowledge of the menu and the ingredients of every dish, we are very proud of them. The fish strew - Plokkfiskur - is an old icelandic dish, unlike a regular fish stew. We hope you had a great time in Iceland and welcome back.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Had a 4 course meal which we really enjoyed, even the liquorice ice cream!

Beware of the 'holiday pricing' though!

Great to hear, thank you for posting the review, it's much appreciated. We do hope you had a nice new year weekend in Iceland.