“Attentive and pleasant staff”
Review of Hofnin

Hofnin
Ranked #45 of 541 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: European
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Hofnin has a beautiful seaside view overlooking the harbour.
Reviewed 27 December 2017

I enjoyed a lovely meal with friends from Canada thanks to Arnor and the staff at the Hofnin restaurant. My son had the fish stew from the children's menu and finished it completely! The view and restaurant decor are very pleasant, thanks for a memorable meal.

Sigrun S, Guest Relations Manager at Hofnin, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2017

Thank you for posting the review, it's much appreciate. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your meals and our restaurant. Hopefully you had a great stay in Iceland and welcome back. Happy New Year.
The Höfnin Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1 063)

55 - 59 of 1 063 reviews

Reviewed 22 December 2017

This place is not generally known among Icelanders, which is strange since the place is not packed with tourists like so many restaurants in the area. Their main idea seems to be a fusion of traditional Icelandic dishes and more worldly cuisine. I truly liked it. The price is moderate for a restaurant of this quality.

Great to hear, thank you for the review. Our clientele is mixed, locals and foreigners. We like to keep the traditional dishes with a twist on the menu and most guests like them. We do hope you had a great time in Iceland.
Happy New Year

Reviewed 21 December 2017

This review is from a Mayflower tour, welcome dinner. My beef once presented was chewy and way too rare. However, I complained and the chef presented my dinner and it was absolutely perfect!!! It melted in my mouth, this is the best piece of beef ever!!! Then the dessert came and I never eat dessert. Well , do not exclude the lava cake!!!!
It was to die for and beautifully presented!! This was one of the best meals I have ever experienced and I have traveled the world. Highly recommend and don’t be afraid to honestly complain...they are eager to please.

Thank you for posting the review. Great to hear you liked the beef and that you sent the first one back. We like all our guests to leave full and happy. We hope you had a great time in Iceland and welcome back.
Happy New Year.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

What a discovery! It is a place not to be missed when in Reykjavik. Food is extremely good. Fish is fresh and really well cooked and mussels are extremely tasty.

Thank you for the review, it's a great read. We are happy to see you liked the food and found the mussels tasty. Hopefully your stay in Iceland was fun and welcome back.
Happy New Year

Reviewed 18 December 2017

There are several small (fish) restaurants at the harbour of Reykjavik. This one is really good, I have tried it some times before. I had salted cod (ask to have the sauce beside), because it is best plain. The cod was served on top of bacon and potatoes. A dish of blue mussels was good but the mussels small and a litle bit to dry. Good service.

Thank you for the review. We are happy that you liked our food and restaurant. We hope you had a good time in Iceland and welcome back.
Happy New Year.