“Friendly and accommodating”

Hofnin
Ranked #25 of 509 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, View, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hofnin has a beautiful seaside view overlooking the harbour.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Although my wife and I had not booked a table the kind staff at Hofnin managed to find us a table. The waiter was lovely and knowledgable about the food on the menu.

I had a lamb curry and my wife had herb crusted cod. Both meals were lovely. My curry was very different to what I’m used to but in a good way, the sauce was great and the lamb was amazing and fell off the bone. My wife was very complimentary of her food too, cooked really well and an interesting mixture of flavours to enjoy.

This was our first night in Reykjavík and set the mood for what we found to be a lovely city to visit, thank you to the Hofnin team for getting our holiday off to a great start.

SHSigurdar17, Guest Relations Manager at Hofnin, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Great to hear you liked the food and the service. The icelandc curry dish is an old icelandic traditional dish not related to original curry dishes. We are very happy that you picked our restaurant on the first night, hopefully you had a great time on your holiday.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Went with my friend for dinner, was pretty packed but managed to find a table for 2. The soup was insane, The price was normal according to Icelandic standards, the staff was very kind and helpful. In general the rest of the food was decent so id recommend it for a nice place to have dinner if ur not looking for something special.

Thank you for posting the review. We are happy that liked the soup and the other dishes and would recommend us. We hope your stay in Iceland was pleasant and welcome back.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Intimate restaurant with delicious food and welcoming staff. They are willing to work with you to change parts of the meal due to food allergies. The drinks are worth spending the money. The chicken dish was also well done, so if anyone is not in the mood for the seafood the non seafood options are delicious as well. For the views alone this is a must visit.

SHSigurdar17, Guest Relations Manager at Hofnin, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Thank you for posting the review, your opinions is valued. We are happy that you liked the food and we were able to of help with changing the dishes. Hopefully your stay in Iceland was enjoyable, welcome back.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

The Haddock was out of this world! The service was friendly and just formal enough. If you get a seat by the window, the view is lovely. I really enjoyed dinner here and would go back.

Welcome back. We are happy to hear you liked the fish and the service. Getting the window seat is a bonus. We hope you had a great time in Iceland. The Höfnin Team

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We ate at Hofnin in August 2017 and it was just "meh". I had the shellfish soup (not seasoned enough) and cod while my dinner companion opted for a burger. With a glass of wine and a glass of beer the tab ran up to a little over $ 100, which would be fine with me had the food been great. The view of the harbor was nice and the service was just OK. Considering that there are many other restaurants in that area I would not recommend it.

Thank you for posting the frank review. Sorry our food was not to your liking, but people are different, what one person likes another doesn't. We do hope you had a nice stay in Iceland and had a safe trip back home