“A very special meal.”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Miõborg
Reviewed 17 July 2018

When traveling in Iceland we were prepared for everything to cost more than we are used to, so we planned one special meal and settled on Fiskfelagid.

The staff were incredibly warm and inviting and the restaurant was incredibly cozy and charming. The decor was pleasant and the restaurant has pleasantly dim lighting (though not ideal for all you instagrammers) which lent itself to an intimate meal.

Each dish came out with exquisite plating and the staff explained everything in perfect English (we hadn't spent enough time working on our Icelandic to appreciate a full native description)

I will say that this is true across the board in Iceland - it is incredibly expensive to drink. Buy alcohol at the airport and bring it with you to your hotel or camping or whatnot. A glass of table wine will run you $17 in most places and it gets to be tedious.

All in all, it was great value for price.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Ben C
Write a ReviewReviews (1 842)

67 - 71 of 1 842 reviews

Reviewed 17 July 2018

My family and I dined here while in Reykjavik. The ambiance is very cool - An upsacle, below-ground, cellar-vibe, with stone walls. The service was outstanding. But the food was the star of the show. The menu items are arranged by country, featuring dishes and flavors inspired by various places around the globe. I can't even recall the various starters we ordered, but all were delicious. The reason I am writing this review is because the Arctic Char was the single best seafood dish I have ever had. Truly spectacular. Don't miss this restaurant. It is spectacular.

2  Thank WestLAFamily
Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

I visited with 8 colleagues as we were on a business trip to Iceland. The restaurant is really nice with a very traditional Icelandic atmosphere. We opted for the around the world menu which was 6 courses. The waiter would introduce each course describing where it came from and how it was made! Each course was amazing and the staff made the whole experience so much more fun. They also served amazing Gins! This is a great place to try and I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank 811cazzied
Reviewed 14 July 2018

We visited Fish Company during a recent family vacation to Reykjavik and were not disappointed. I opted for the Icelandic tasting menu with wine pairing and thoroughly enjoyed every course. I would recommend this as the best way to get a sample of the various Icelandic dishes. The cod was prepared perfectly and the trout tartare was amazing. The lamb course was excellent and the lamb neck was so tender. The wine pairings were also perfect. Everyone else ordered individually from the menu and again, all enjoyed their selections. Fish courses were particularly excellent!

1  Thank WCSElkton_MD
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This is a terrific restaurant. Fresh Icelandic ingredients in dishes from around the world. Between us we had chat, trout, cod and crab - all were great. Nice wine and good coffee too. And attentive service.