“Great Fun”

White River Rafting
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hvítá river is a beautiful and fun river about an hour from Reykjavík. For more than 20 years the RiverFun rafting trip has been Iceland´s most popular adventure activity.
Reviewed 23 October 2014

Amazing fun. Good staff, very supportive and lovely.
Excellent combo with the Northern Circle: national park, waterfall and Geysir.

1  Thank Greidi
"clothing"
"helmets"
"rocks"

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We did the tour on Hvítá River. We've been rafting in many countries with our kids and were a little bit disappointed about this one. The trip is relatively short and considering Icelands beauty we had higher expectations on the landscape of the river. The most thrilling thing was the 8m jump in the beginning. The river itself is most of the time quite boring to raft. All the organization around was good.

3  Thank Blackmage1
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We wanted to experience Arctic rafting, so this was our chance. Honestly the entire experience was well run, however the river-ride was not all that thrilling. I have been rafting before in West Virginia, and I found that that river had much more "white water" than this one. Both trips were for beginner rapids. However, the entire experience was quite fun. It was fun to dress up in a wetsuit and prepare for the journey. I didn't jump in the water, but could imagine that it would still be quite cold! The price is quite high, so I would only recommend this if you have time. If you are seeking more of a challenge, do not pick the mildest of rapids.

2  Thank alsitalia
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Well, I fell out of the boat - so that was a memorable experience! But the river was gorgeous. I will have to just remember it in my mind.

3  Thank Hammerized
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is one of those great day trips! No fear, not the most challenging rafting and the guides make it fun with a bit of irreverence. Go for the afternoon start so you you can have the lamb Bbq! And drink Gull...cold cold Gull mmm. You may have time to drink enough to figure out how to pronounce the name! Just don't drink too much that you'll want to burst on the way home! I love neoprene too!

3  Thank madaneson