Review Highlights
LOVE IT ! Best part of our trip !

My boyfriend and I absolutely loved the rafting. We chose the hardest rafting (not the family one... read more

Reviewed 4 October 2018
Dream786117
Lots of Fun, Great Scenery

We almost didn't book this trip because we're experienced whitewater rafters and these rapids... read more

Reviewed 6 July 2017
RaceBannen
Washington DC, District of Columbia

All reviews wet suits fun afternoon rapids tame booties scenery clothing helmets rocks
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We did the tour on Hvítá River. We've been rafting in many countries with our kids and were a little bit disappointed about this one. The trip is relatively short and considering Icelands beauty we had higher expectations on the landscape of the river. The most thrilling thing was the 8m jump in the beginning. The river itself is most of the time quite boring to raft. All the organization around was good.

3  Thank Blackmage1
Reviewed 1 February 2013

We wanted to experience Arctic rafting, so this was our chance. Honestly the entire experience was well run, however the river-ride was not all that thrilling. I have been rafting before in West Virginia, and I found that that river had much more "white water" than this one. Both trips were for beginner rapids. However, the entire experience was quite fun. It was fun to dress up in a wetsuit and prepare for the journey. I didn't jump in the water, but could imagine that it would still be quite cold! The price is quite high, so I would only recommend this if you have time. If you are seeking more of a challenge, do not pick the mildest of rapids.

2  Thank alsitalia
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Well, I fell out of the boat - so that was a memorable experience! But the river was gorgeous. I will have to just remember it in my mind.

3  Thank Hammerized
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is one of those great day trips! No fear, not the most challenging rafting and the guides make it fun with a bit of irreverence. Go for the afternoon start so you you can have the lamb Bbq! And drink Gull...cold cold Gull mmm. You may have time to drink enough to figure out how to pronounce the name! Just don't drink too much that you'll want to burst on the way home! I love neoprene too!

3  Thank madaneson
Reviewed 7 September 2012

even fully suited water was freezing and we were pelted with sleet - we has so much fun. baby rapids so its safe for everyone. Lama, our guide, a great hit and joked around a lot. very friendly crew.

4  Thank koabug