“Enjoyed the Steakhouse”
Review of Steikhusid

Steikhusid
Ranked #236 of 570 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed 10 March 2018

Wife and I had dinner at the Steakhouse on 27 Feb. Service was good. We both had the beef tenderloin, hers the smallest size and mine the medium. We both had potatoes and shared corn and wine sauce. The food was served warm and the steaks were cooked as ordered. Both steaks were a little tougher than anticipated, but still good. My wife thought hers had a slight burnt grill flavor (grill needed to be cleaned); mine did not. Overall, not the best steaks we have ever had but we would eat there again. It draws a crowd.

Reviewed 10 March 2018

The steak was amazing, the atmosphere charming, and the wine great. The restaurant was a mere 500 feet from our hotel and didn't even know it was until our concierge recommended it to us. After battling strong winds down the streets, we walked in and was completely satisfied. My father and I are big steak fans and did not disappoint. But it's important to note that the exchange rate between the USD and Icelandic krona made this one of the most expensive meals we had while over there but it was worth the price.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

As a steak fan, I knew I had to grab a bite at at least one steak house while in Iceland. Since it was my birthday, there was a bit of pressure riding on the meal. However, it was great, especially being able to order the amount of meat I wanted. The service was excellent, and all of the other little extras were tasty and terrific. And, as for the price, it was actually a bit less than I expected.

Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Steikhusid was near our hotel so walking past on a few occasions we noticed it was always busy. We are steak fans and were not disappointed. We ordered a tenderloin and a sirloin with a few side dishes. You really don’t need a starter. WOW , served on wooden platters the steaks were cooked to perfection . Mine black and blue , my partners medium rare. It’s not often we are quiet whilst eating but on this occasion we didn’t say a word as we enjoyed the succulent, flavour filled meat. Probably the best steaks we have ever eaten. Service , wine and atmosphere all great too but the steaks were something else !

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Great lamb steaks and awesome fish too. Chilled out and smooth. I'd go there again if there weren't so many others to check out.