“I rather like proper food”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #163 of 516 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Description: Located on the famous Laekjargata in the heart of Reykjavik City, Hard Rock Cafe Reykjavik contains three floors, each with its own distinctive vibe. The Cellar features the main venue, which includes a large bar and dining seats for up to 90 people. Additionally, we boast a large stage for concerts and 36 bar seats. When we clear the room for huge concerts, 250 people can enjoy the show. You enter on the ground floor, which contains our world famous Rock Shop(R). Head upstairs for the main restaurant, with its open kitchen, 141 seats, and 45 bar seats. Unforgettable Menu Items at Our Cafe Hard Rock guests enjoy fresh items from our signature menu, all cooked to perfection. Some of our favorites include the Balsamic Tomato Bruschetta, Legendary(R) Burger, slow-cooked ribs, and juicy grilled chicken. In addition to our legendary food, we deliver an extensive drinks menu that includes hurricanes, margaritas, signature favorites, and Alternative Rock (alcohol-free) beverages, all available in Hard Rock souvenir collectible glassware.
Reviewed 13 September 2017

This is Hard Rock Cafe Vol.2. After a ten year absence, Hard Rock Cafe returned to Iceland in 2016. I used to go to the old place back in the day and I quiet liked that but then I was in my 20s and my tastes have changed a lot since then
I was with a group of friends and someone came up with the idea to check out Hard Rock Cafe since it had newly opened again and is at a great location in the city center. It was a busy Saturday night and we decided to start with a drink. The beer was drinkable but the so called cocktails that I ordered looked like a brightly colored washing liquids and tasted just like water with a splash of fruit juice in it. We got the menu where every other item was deep fried something and decided to start with nachos to share. By then we were getting a bit annoyed by Justin Bieber blasting in the pa system (nothing remotely "hard rock" about that) and then the waiters suddenly started to run around the place like they just escaped from a mad house with sparklers on their heads and the gangster looking guys on the next table started discussing some very dubious business deals and I couldn´t drink that sorry excuse for a cocktail I got so we decided to call a nearby restaurant and order a table over there. The evening then ended with a very fine steak and a good wine and a waiter that knew what the word "Malbec" meant on the bottle label. I´m just too old for bad food and waiters that have to shoute so you can hear them

HRCREYKJAVIK, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

My wife and I dropped by the Hard Rock Cafe for lunch and shared the tapas sampler. It provided good variety and we liked everything. Service was very good and the ambience is what you find in Hard Rock cafes everywhere. Prices in Reykjavik are generally high and this fell into line with those. The ultimate question is always this one: Would we return to this restaurant if we were in Reykjavik again? Yes, we would.

Hello Urbane_Canada,

Thank you for a very good and nice review.

Look forward to see you again at the Cafe if you ever are in Iceland again.

Regards,

Hard Rock Cafe Reykjavik

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Sleek, new modern decor Hard Rock Cafe with all the familiar dishes, entertaining music videos and legendary service! My first visit was so excellent, I returned for another dinner the second night. My bartender/servers, Vali, Paul and Joana were very attentive in making sure everything was perfect. The food was cooked to perfection (I strongly recommend the Local Legendary Burger) and drinks were served cold and tasty.

HRCREYKJAVIK, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thanks Brent for an awesome review.

Hope to see you again at the Cafe sooner then later :-)

Storm Karlsson
Sales & marketing manager

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I have been in many HRC arounda globe.

In this like others - quality is always the same And I think, that They have Good Chicken wings in there.

ReyKjavik is very expensive city and usually HRC is more expensive than other places in the area but here you get Good value comparing to many other places in region.

Nothing really to complain. Worth to visit is you would like to listen rocknroll & eat burgers.

Thanks Markus for a very good and honest review ;-)

All the best,

Hard Rock Cafe Reykjavik

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Everything the same as everywhere so you know what you are getting. Drinks were exceedingly expensive and the wifi was very slow to none existent.

Hello 836Cruisegirl,

Thank you for your review. Sorry about the ISK being so strong and overall the prices in Iceland as very expensive that we can agree too.

Sorry about the slow wife and hope to see you again at the Cafe.

All the best,