“Excellent food and service”

Geiri Smart Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 546 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Description: Downtown Reykjavík is all about throwing a good, old-fashioned soirée. Making allowances for eccentricities in chic sophistication is the essence of Geiri Smart Restaurant. On a culinary level, it's simply implementing a good idea whenever it presents itself. There are no fixed rules and we play it by ear depending on what our farmers have to offer at any given moment. To be realistic, however,
Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

We were staying at the hotel here and had one evening meal in this restaurant. The meal was excellent and they adapted my food to be gluten free. We had 3 courses, the fish and the lamb were excellent and the waiter offered be a bespoke wine pairing with my dishes. My husband had the ribeye burger and this was more average. The food like everywhere in Iceland was expensive but the meal was so good we didn’t feel like it was completely disproportionate.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Dinner at Geiri Smart was a lovely experience. The staff is so helpful and the food is delicious. Try the salmon!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Went here for lunch.
The staff were nice and I really liked the decor.

We ordered the rib-eye hamburger. It was okay. The bread it came in felt old and dry.

Other than that the fries were excellent, topped with cheddar.

Reviewed 18 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was recommended to us for its delicious desserts but we found every course was faultless. The only down side is the price but if you want to splash out you shouldn’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

I visit Geiri smart probably once a month since I work close by and the setting is nice. I have repeatedly had the problem of the food being too salty. I have tried to notify the waiter about it when ordering and it does not matter, the chefs use too much salt almost every time.
Since I like visiting the place, I thought maybe it would help to fix the problem by mentioning it here.