“Not enough time at stops & tour guide is a tablet.”

Reykjavik Sightseeing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reykjavik Sightseeing is a tour operator of guided day tours from Reykjavik and in Reykjavik in Iceland. Step onto one of our new coaches and explore the Golden Circle, the South Coast, the Ice Cave and many more great places with our smart “In Bus Audio Guide”, which gives expertly written and recorded guiding in your own time and in 10 languages. All tours are also hosted by a certified guide and driver. Meet up with one of our local Reykjavik guides and explore the city on foot, by bike or explore the vibrant Icelandic food and beer scene with a local host on our Cheers To Reykjavik tour!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I enjoyed the sights seen, but I don’t feel that I really got my money’s worth. For a guided tour, I don’t agree with having a tablet on the bus be our guide. That should be something the tour guide does. People like myself that get car sick cannot manage to read paragraphs about the sites we are passing along the way. You can also listen to the audio, but upon booking I was not told this is an audio tour & it costs $10 to rent headphones on the bus. Additionally, we did not get enough time at the stops & most of the day was spent in the bus. I did think my tour guide did a great job with his part of it all, but overall, I would not recommend this tour to others.

Better to rent a car & do it on your own.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (1 545)
All reviews
in 11 reviews
"the black sand beach"

344 - 348 of 1 545 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Very good and knowledgable tour guide, but maybe the duration of each stop could be extended by at least 15 mins .

Reviewed 27 June 2018

This was a wonderful trip. Our guide, Johanna, was excellent and the driver, Thor, was very good. Very informative, and helpful. Thank you.

1  Thank 876murlig
Lovísa H, Service & Quality manager at Reykjavik Sightseeing, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you for the kind words, We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your day with Jóhanna and Thor, our awesome tourguide and driver!
Please keep us in mind upon your next visit to Iceland.

Kind Regards,
Reykjavík Sightseeing.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Pick-up was on time. Bus was comfortable and spacious. Visited sights I wanted to see . Glacier, water falls and black sand.

Tour also included a pleasant drive through the Icelandic countryside, with notable places pointed out and explained.

Both the guide and driver was knowledgeable and friendly.