“Excellent food ”
Review of Rok Restaurant

Rok Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 565 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We stopped in after being intrigued by the grass roof. We didn't have a reservation but were lucky to get a table. The food is excellent and the service was friendly and attentive. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

We had visited the church and this is very close and convenient.
It had been recommended to us and that was a terrific recommendation. They serve "small plates" and recommended ordering 2-3 per person so we each did 2 but that was more than I could eat - all VERY good and fresh. The service was very good.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

We spent four nights in Reykjavik, and Rok was our last, and likely best, dinner out. Really cool vibe, with a great-looking bar as the centerpiece on the main floor, and an upstairs dining area that is very cozy. Right around the corner from the Hallgrímskirkja, it's a bit above the fray of the busier tourist district. We had a wide array of choices including seafood, meat and vegetarian options, and the dishes were uniformly excellent. This is one to go back to.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Brand new bar just around the corner from our hotel. Very modern. Very nice young ladies behind the bar who knew their stuff. We only had drinks but noticed many times on passing the place was crowded so we assume the food is good also. Not cheap, but this is Iceland. Get used to it!

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I was so thankful that my first night in Reykjavik I wandered into this rad little space. Right away I loved the vibe, and sat at the bar and was greeted by a lovely bartender who over the course of the night gave me great food recommendations as well as recco's for my stay in Iceland. The food was good quality and I thoroughly enjoyed - I had the Rok salad, the mushroom risotto and the baked pear + goat cheese on grilled baguette and it was like dessert. I will likely go back to this place before leaving Iceland, and would absolutely recommend it to my friends traveling here.