“An exceptionally good restaurant”
Review of Messinn

Messinn
Ranked #12 of 565 Restaurants in Reykjavik
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Description: Seafood restaurant
Description: Seafood restaurant
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The food here is very good. The arctic char is truly amazing and the redfish is delicious as well. This restaurant feels higher end than some of the other spots you may find yourself popping in to and I recommend calling ahead or getting in early as it really does fill up!

Write a ReviewReviews (1 595)

146 - 150 of 1 595 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018

We discovered Messinn through the Reykjavik Food Walk recently and we're soo glad! The Arctic Char and Icelandic Plokkfiskur are both absolutely delicious and great portion sizes. We have been at both lunch and dinner (both are amazing!) but if you are trying to save a bit of money I would recommend going for lunch. A must do whilst in Reykjavik!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We were introduced to this restaurant on our first night, via the food tour. We loved it so much that we returned on our last night because we just had to have that Arctic Char again. In fact, since returning to the states, I've found myself looking up char recipes in hopes of recreating this dish at home.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Husband and self ate here on our last night in Rejkiavik. We had booked as we hadn't been able to get in a few days before. I had smoked salmon to start. For main course my husband had arctic char and I had fish potato hash type dish (Plokkfiskkur?). All food here is absolutely delicious and well presented. Our dishes came in the pans they were cooked in. There was a really good atmosphere and staff really helpful. Booking essential and as with other restaurants we ate in was very popular and people hadn't booked. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I hesitated between 2 and 3 stars but decided to go for 2 as a member of staff was very rude with us. The food was ok but nothing special.