All reviews waffles bed and breakfast free shuttle keflavik airport one night military barracks an early flight next morning rooms are large last night blue lagoon rental car no frills b and b shuttle service nothing fancy boiled eggs
Reviewed 26 June 2018

The location was really good for the airport. A well run but very busy hotel. Quiet room (was former US barracks so built well) Breakfast was average but available very early (which is v good). Very good reception staff

Room Tip: A very good stopover hotel pre flying from airport
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

One night without sleeping. Rooms are big. Advice is to make rooms smaller and invest in a wall that prevents noise coming in from your neighbors. You could literally hear where they were talking about. How could you built a hotel like this.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fred d
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We have been very comfortable in this airport hotel. Our room was spacious and the bed wonderfully large as well. We both slept our best night’s sleep in Iceland! The breakfast was good and I was pleasantly surprised to find an assortment of berries in a large bowl, which were delicious with yoghurt. My husband ate a creamy fish mixture, tuna in fact! No decaffeinated coffee for me, but I brought my own just in case. There is a restaurant round the corner for lunch or dinner. They start early over here!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Kolfinna B, Front Office Manager at Bed & Breakfast Hotel, Keflavik Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

I am so glad that you got a good night's sleep! Do hope you stay with us again the next time you visit Iceland :)

Best Regards,

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Very convenient hotel, close to the airport, quiet and clean, rooms are very spacious. Breakfast is OK with lot of choice. Personal is efficient and nice. And you can find a place to eat right next to the hotel. I recommend this place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

The positives: spacious rooms, fun bar, very good breakfast, free shuttle to and from airport, friendly and accommodating staff.
Negatives: No frills hotel, other than WiFi, no amenities, and as I’ve said in other posts, Iceland is not a place to visit on a budget.
As far as eats, there is a pizza place next door - wasn’t impressed however it was filling. Otherwise, you will need to take taxi into Keflavik (from hotel to Viking Museum 4 kilometers - 2000
krona approx 20.00).
There is history here as this was part of a Naval Airstation and some interesting facts that surround that.
That being said, I wish TripAdvisor would also add 1/2 ratings as I would rate this closer to 4 than 3.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family