“Great Excursion”

Whale Watching Reykjanes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy the Bird watching. On our sailing to the whales we follow the coastline so you can enjoy the rich bird life in the lava cliffs. Frequently seen in whale watching are guillemots, arctic skua, gannets, and other species. ​ The waters off the Reykjanes peninsula coast are an important habitat for these marine mammals, mainly as seasonal feeding ground. In the winter we also go hunting for the Northern lights! Enjoy this extremely magical moment as we go for a drive at the Reykjanes Peninsula to hunt! -when we catch them, we have a professional camera to capture the moment. Once a week we upload them to our Facebook page for you to show off.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We had a fabulous excursion with Whale Watching Reykjanes. They picked us up, as promised, at our Keflavik hotel and, within minutes, we were on the boat for what turned out to be a private tour because (luckily for us) we were the only 3 to book the tour this morning. The boat was especially appealing and appreciated because it has both an inside area and an outside deck. Today was cloudy, windy, a little rainy and pretty cold in Iceland so it was nice to sit inside, protected from the elements, as we went in search of the whales & then the puffins. Once sighted, easy to step out of the cabin for a better view and pictures. We were lucky because a pod of orcas showed up about three days ago & has been hanging around while birthing. Originally, there were 3 or 4 of them but,by today, it seemed the pod was up to 5 or 6. The captain took us close enough to get a good view & good pix & we had quite a good stretch of time with them. Then went in search of puffins and found several on the cliff faces & also in flight. Also wanted to note that I have mobility issues & walk with two crutches but had all the assistance I needed getting on and off the boat & up and down the ramp to the dock. If you’re considering booking a tour with Whale Watching Reykjanes, quit reading reviews and go do it! You won’t regret it!

All reviews
"gap"
"windproof"
"active"

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

I’m actually an Icelander but living in Denmark for the past decade. Was in Iceland for a short visit back in December with my daughter and figured it would be a great experience for us to go whale watching together before we left. I contacted Whale Watching Reykjanes and they didn’t have plans on a tour that day but Axel was so nice take us out anyways! My daughter and I loved every second of it! I didn’t catch the whales on pictures but I did snap some photos. I highly recommend Axel and his tour, he was so much fun and made sure that we had a great time on his boat.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

We had seen whales in the Northeast US and Alaska but never this close. Our captain, Axel, clearly has an eye for where to go and how to get close. Our guide, Soley, was informative and lots of fun. We were on a small boat so were able to socialize with other people from different countries with ease. Overall a fabulous experience and time well spent. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Everything was great, we were so close to the whales and Puffins. One of the best day in my life with the best whale watching company in whole Iceland! :)