“Great lunch find!”
Review of Hafnarbudin

Hafnarbudin
Ranked #7 of 18 Restaurants in Hofn
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped at Hafnarbudin after visiting the viking old village and prior to go on our glacier walk. We did not know what to expect as the place looked fast foody from the outside. However, the inside was different. It was really quaint and the food was delicious. The salad with chicken big was and tasty and my sandwich with the local bread was excellent. The service was efficient and the place very clean. I wished we had found them sooner.

2  Thank Alain C

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went here for dinner. Luckily the place was empty probably because iceland soccer game was going in.
Had the lobster baguette, spicy chicken sandwich and the chicken tenders. Food was amazing.
Only complaint that I didn't get fries with my lobster sandwich. I realized that later when i saw it being served on other tables and we were almost done by then. But definitely a place to eat cheap and delicious.

1  Thank Shw25
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We live in the area, and sometimes after a long hard work day out on the farm, none of us wants to cook. Then unavoidably one will say "Burgers from Hafnarbudin?", and everybody's eyes just glaze over. Over time I've been up and down the menu and it never disappoints. My favourites are Keli The Fat One and the Keli Careless.

Fun fact: it is also the oldest running restaurant in town.

1  Thank stephan_mantler
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went here for lunch and loved everything !!! Fish and chips, bbq beef sandwich and lobster baguette. Worth a trip to the small village if you are visiting the area.

1  Thank Gina P
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were cold and damp and desperate for a coffee. We were very excited to spot Hafnarbudin in a scenic location just near the port. We sat down in the cosy 'diner' and immediately felt better. We received a warm welcome and enjoyed the refillable coffee (machine, but good quality) and a tasty muffin. They also had generous serves of a variety of different interesting-looking breakfasts.

1  Thank Flipod