“New restaurant with the best langoustines in town”

Otto Matur & Drykkur
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Hofn
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We had dinner at Otto on our last night in Iceland and it was a perfect send-off. The place is new and does not have much reviews so we took a chance but we are glad we did. The restaurant is in an old house. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The food was truly amazing. My wife had langoustines for the 2nd night in a row and they were definitively better than at Pakkhus. I am the lamb and it was succulent, as it has been during all trip. We had a berry fruit skyr dessert that was to die for. An wonderful gem that not many tourist go to. I strongly recommend to go there if you are in Hofn.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We entered this restaurant accidentally- it was definitely not a planned visit. However, our first impressions were really positive- located inside charming old house, restaurant itself is beautiful and cosy. We ordered langoustine soup, which was excellent- one of the best soups I've ever had! I also tried smoked cod and it was 10/10 meal! For dessert I tried their white chocolate mouse. It was also above my expectations.
Overall, I can definitely recommend this restaurant. Considering relatively moderate prices it offers very high quality and interior is really charming and warm. It should be a must-see for everyone who visits Hofn!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We had delicious carrot soup and homemade sourdough bread at Otto's. The salmon looked great but I was too full to try it. The flavors were terrific, service fantastic, ambiance A+. Thanks!!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Came here looking for a restaurant with a different name following Google map, not realising there had been a change of ownership a month ago. This place looks unassuming on the outside, more like a family home, right on the corner and next to another restaurant.
On entering, it was like stepping into someone's home for a meal. The restaurant was upstairs with an inviting, homely atmosphere with some soothing music in the background adding to the ambience. Several tables were occupied with diners. The menu was simple and not fussy.
The food took a while to arrive but sitting near the kitchen, I could hear our meals being prepared. When it arrived, it was obvious from the presentation that the chef took pride in his craft. The well plated dish would not look out of place in a fine dining restaurant. The pan fried salmon sitting on a bed of celeriac puree tinged with turmeric, with potatoes, beans, carrots and asparagus garnished with julienned celeriac was just right for lunch. It was not too heavy and rich. So was the oven baked salmon with more or less the same presentation but with a lemony turmeric yellow sauce. Both fish was cooked just right and fresh. For dessert, we had white chocolate mousse topped with fresh strawberries, raspberries, some pieces of dried figs and raspberry pop which just finished off the meal perfectly.
The owners, husband and wife team, were friendly and helpful with any questions we had. The chef came out to speak to us and is passionate about his food.
It is so good to find such a wonderful place with quality food especially amongst competition from across the road and next door. We wish them all the best and hope they will continue to cook great food!

1  Thank savvytraveller_2009
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We are lost for words. Auður, Andrés and their staff were amazing hosts: very friendly and personal which made our visit great. The food was phenomenal, especially the cinnamon bun which is the best one I’ve ever had in my whole life! The house is historic and gorgeous with beautiful decor. Very chic, relaxing and yet cozy and welcoming. We couldnt recommend this place enough!