Lowest prices for your stay
US$83
SAVE US$92
eDreamsUS$83
PricelineUS$92
Trip.comUS$166
All reviews hot tub themed hotel northern lights the bus smoked salmon bread porridge herring iceland trip golden circle yogurt quirky harbour cabin reykjavik trips cheese
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 November 2020

I had such a fabulous experience here that I stayed for TWO MONTHS! The staff were wonderful - and I kept threatening to take the chef with me in my suitcase (you just must taste his lobster or bernaise pizza!) The location is brilliant, oodles of parking - and the decor is marvellous. The prices were extremely reasonable, especially for Iceland. The crowning glory must be the private hot springs in the secluded garden... I could not have asked for a more glorious stay - and this is saying something given that I travel all over the world, 24/7. Thank you, one and all. If ever I am back in Iceland, I would not even contemplate staying anywhere else.

Date of stay: September 2020
Móttaka Fjörukráin, General Manager at Viking Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2021

Thank you so much for staying with us and thank you for writing such a nice review about our place and our staff :)
We want all out guests to feel like you felt with us, then we know we are doing something good! :)

We look forward to welcome you again, hopefully in the nearest future!
Best regards from all our viking team :)

Reviewed 21 August 2020

It started by getting emails and phone calls about the exact time of our arrival (they have reception and 1 answer should do).
We arrived and were given the wrong key. We entered somebody else's cabin - 47.
Unlocking and especially locking the cabin door is no easy job even with the right key.
My children wanted to go to the hot tub. The receptionist told us we had to hurry is it was closing early that day. We did. It did not help as the hot tub was not working that day at all.
Now, the cabin itself is cramped, dark (one small window that needs to have curtains permanently closed if you want to have any privacy) and needs serious revamp. It perhaps looked good once. Those days are long gone.
As we were ready for the closed hot tub, my children decided to have a shower. No hot water. I went to the reception. The same incompetent receptionist told me that we needed to wait for a few minutes. 2 cold showers later I returned to the reception and wanted to talk to the manager. The receptionist called somebody. The manager said that due to the pipe work there was no hot water for 3 days!!! I said that we should have been informed about this and that we were paying almost £200/night for a place that does not provide basic services. Her reply was: " you do not like it here, go." Really. When I said that it was 8 pm, I had children and nowhere to go, she replied that due to the virus all the places were empty. It was the only correct information I was given in that place.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 30 April 2020

We stayed 3 nights here (on 11 March, 19-20 March)- We interacted with 4-5 different hosts throughout our stay & all of them were an absolute gem of a person. They leave no stone unturned in helping you ; and making your stay comfortable. Breakfast has many options such as Milk, Juice Waffle, Biscuits, Bread, Cake and Eggs. they have an Icelandic restaurant as well and Subway & Dominoz is like 5-10 minutes walk along the shorelines. With KFC/ Burger King being couple of km away. It is located outside the busy Reykjavik city, but if you own/ rent a car its very convenient to travel.

And last but not the least, Hotel has Real Viking Theme. :)

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank ShahbazP9
Móttaka Fjörukráin, General Manager at Viking Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2020

Dear Shahbaz, Thank you for staying with us and thank so much for the feedback, that means a lot to us have a nice day :)

Reviewed 23 March 2020

Restaurant and team to be recommended. Reception team all worth mentioning as very friendly, helpful and efficient. The decor is really quirky and makes for an interesting visit. Would recommend on this alone. However our room must have been the smallest I have ever stayed in. All was contained within 2.3m x 3.5m. Whilst it didn't really matter as we only slept, showered and stored our clothes/luggage there, I would have preferred a larger room. Breakfast very good and always presented well.

Room tip: Ask if you can get a bigger room !!
Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank Bernice W

Dear Bernice, Thank you for staying with us and thank so much for the feedback, that means a lot to us have a nice day :)

Reviewed 27 February 2020

We stayed in a superior room for 4 nights. The room was basic but clean, comfortable with good heating and excellent powerful shower. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is a continental style with porridge (water based) and waffles as the warm option. You can help yourself to as much as you like along with the coffee and juice. We also used the restaurant twice due to being back later from tours. The food was ok and filling. The hotel is very handy for the bus to Reykjavik and cost kr 480 for a single trip (less than £3) a set price I think for wherever you wish to go. The lady on reception helped us out on where we needed to get off the bus and wrote it down so we could show the bus driver. The trips we booked on with Reykjavik Excursions pick and drop off at the hotel, although being out of town drop off was last on both occasions. Overall a good stay and we would recommend if you are planning on being out and about a lot.

Date of stay: February 2020
vikingurkr, reception at Viking Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Hello there:)

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we appreciate your feedback that you have given us. Thanks very much and have a wonderful day;)

Hotel Viking