“Unbelievably rude service, average food, awful beer and crazy prices”

Hamborgarafabrikkan
Ranked #9 of 68 Restaurants in Akureyri
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Be Square and Be There! The Hamburger Factory is a must try in Iceland Gullfoss and Geysir are surely a must-see in Iceland, but neither is something you eat! That’s why we have 15 brilliant and creative hamburgers at The Icelandic Hamburger Factory.The Reykjavik Grapevine awarded the Icelandic Hamburger Factory the ”Best Speciality Burger 2010” and the “Best Veggie Burger 2011”. It made us happy, because we aim to please. That’s why we only use 100% fresh high-quality ingredients, directly from the Icelandic nature.Attention: Our hamburger buns are not round. They are square. Does it taste better? You tell us. Be square and be there.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

This is an expensive and an awful burger bar. The burgers were very greasy and the sauce was watery. Fries were not freshly cooked as they were dry and served lukewarm. Beers were flat and lifeless. This would have been bad enough but the service was astoundingly awful. The waitress had an awful attitude throughout, slamming cutlery on the table, sliding plates of food along the table in front of us and staring at us throughout the meal. When we asked for condiments they were banged down in front of us onto the table. We both left most of the food and half of the beer which was tough to do because of the high prices. When we asked for the bill it was dropped onto our table as the waitress turned her back on us. When paying the bill we asked for a pen and one was slammed onto the desk in front of us. I cannot start to guess what this waitresses problem was but she is certainly in the wrong job here. Shocked, appalled and disgusted. If I could give a lower review score then I definitely would do so.
There are much better places to eat in Akureyri, try those first as in my opinion this place is rotten through and through.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is attached to Hotel Kea and as it says in the name provides a very wide variety of burgers. The staff were very attentive and the burgers were excellent - I had a Rescue burger they had various chillies in, and my wife had a Morthens which had béarnaise sauce, and our daughter had a plain cheeseburger. They were all extremely tasty and reasonable (bearing in mind you’re in Iceland....)!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

if you're english, this place very much reminds me of TGI fridays or planet hollywood - a real juicy big burger. the menu if pretty cool in the style of a newspaper, and there's all these stories behind each burger and it's name. one of them is named after an icelandic celebrity of some kind. when we visited it was about 5/5.30pm and there were only a few families eating so we were quickly seated. to initially find the restaurant i had to ask because it's located underneath a hotel/bar, but it's just by the big church in town, right across where a lot of the central hostels are located. the burgers are big! portions are big! so expect to be filled right up when you leave! not the cheapest of places to eat, but definitely worth it. the staff speak english, and the menu is in majority english too so you know what you're ordering

1  Thank DeannaBanana3011
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Best burger in town if you visit here you have to try the captain burger fantastic is all I can say it was so good I came back the next day for the same again

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I ate here twice, both times was seated at the bar and was amazed at the speed at which they produce meals. Yes, it is pricey but if you enjoy a good burger you have to try it. No new Icelanders during my stay, if you do decide to eat here, you'll see what I mean. Excellent.