“Best restaurant”

Ranked #10 of 95 Restaurants in Rovaniemi
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Monte Rosa is an ideal place to relax and enjoy the Arctic cuisine in a modern and cosy atmosphere. Come and try out the fine local flavors spiced up with an international touch. Check it out here!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I eat often in restaurants and Monte Rosa is the best and shure place to eat. It’s almost impossible that you will be dissapointed and prices are same then the others.

1  Thank CemUlusoy
joelkristjank, Johtaja at Monte Rosa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hello CemUlusoy

Thank you so much for your nice and valuable review. I am happy to hear that you visit us often and that you enjoy our services. I hope to see you soon again.

Best regards, Joel Karron, Manager.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped in this restaurant on the way from the Najeci mausoleum to Budva. as we were very hungry.
The menu seemed OK, not too expensive.
We ordered 5 dishes. The food arrived after an hour !!! It was just one minute after we told them that we will pay for the beers and leave.
Some of the dishes were OK (sausages), but other dishes were either to cooked (cutlets) or unexpectedly too sweet (spaghetti bolognese).
When we asked why did we have to wait for so long, they replied that there is only one cook. The restaurant was empty, with only the five of us...
Not recommended !

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Reindeer meat was delicious and service was friendly. I could recommend for dinner. Apple pie with chocolate was perfect

Hello Serdar Alp T.

Thank you for your valuable review. I hope that you will visit us and Rovaniemi soon again.

Best regards, Joel Karron, manager.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

This is a great spot to have a romantic dinner or dine with some friends! I had the traditional lappish sauteed reindeer - served over a bed of mashed potatoes with lingonberry...VERY TASTY! The reindeer was VERY tender and flavorful. It tastes nothing like venision...no gaminess at all. This is something I could eat several times a week! Our server was a delightful young lady that let me practice my Finnish with her! My Finnish friend had a beef steak that didn't last long on his plate! The prices seem reasonable for Finland.

For dessert, I had the white chocolate pudding that should almost be illegal! Loaded with berries...if we weren't in public, I would have been tempted to try and lick out the inside of the dish! LOL

Overall, great food and service, very pleasant atmosphere...would highly recommend!

1  Thank Pepper484

Hello Pepper484

Thank you so much for your nice and valuable review. The white chocolate pudding is one of our classics and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed it a lot. I hope that you will visit us and Rovaniemi soon again.

Best regards, Joel Karron, manager.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We tried this restaurant two times. One time at lunch time, we ate from the buffet, and it was good as a buffet can. Not perfect foods, but in buffet you can't keep the foods always perfect. Second time we had a dinner, and I have to say that was what I waited. Perfect food, nice steaks. The staff was really friendly, and when our waiter heard we are from Hungary, he said thank you in our language.

Hello Attila G

Thank you for your nice and valuable review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed lunch and dinner in our restaurant. I hope that you had a lovely stay in Rovaniemi and we at Restaurant Monte Rosa hope to see you soon again.

Best regrads, Joel Karron, manager.