Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$203
Orbitz.comUS$202
Agoda.comUS$214
Reviews (1 103)
1 103 results
All reviews very nice hotel parking house fantastic breakfast great spa a great stay inner yard boutique hotel place to stay bathroom door excellent staff perfect location comfortable rooms main building breakfast buffet bread train station bakery
Selected filters
2 - 7 of 1 103 reviews
Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

Did a lot of research to find the perfect hotel to celebrate my proposal from earlier that day. After visiting a couple of hotels (both online and physically) I found a great room in The Lamp Hotel. I contacted the hotel via email and asked if it was possible to get that specific room I saw pictures of on their website. The room had a cozy romantic vibe which was exactly what I was looking for. They ensured me that it would not be any problem and that they were going to take care of it. Great! But... When I arrive at my room, about to surprise my fiancee, open the door and see.. it's not the room we agreed upon. Anxious and disappointed I go back to the lobby to explain to the receptionist what's going on. She tells me there's no other available rooms and that there's nothing they can do about it.

Now, normally it wouldn't bother me, but since it was such a special and important day, it did matter. A lot. Not to mention I spent around 7000kr on the room, roses, chocolate and champagne.

I didn't get any proper excuse or compensation at the hotel, nor did I get any response whatsoever for the mail I sent a couple of days later. Felt completely ignored.

Very disappointed.

Other than that fiasco and very poor costumer service, the hotel is great. Cozy atmosphere, superb breakfast and good food/drinks in the restaurant.
However, it looses a couple of stars because of what happened.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Magnus Malm, Ägare at The Lamp Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear fredrikmollgard,

I must start with a big excuse to you and your fiancée for your dissapointed feeling of our hotel, and I can assure you that I will check what failed in our communication with you. This isn´t at all how we work and want our dear guests to feel when they leave us.

Glad to hear though, that you liked the hotel in common, our breakfast and food/drinks in the restaurant.

I totally understand your feeling, but hopefully you will give us a second chance to repair your first experience at The Lamp.

Reviewed 26 August 2021

Started off a little sour with a parking ticket in the guest car park but was swiftly sorted by the hotel reception. Spa was a hidden gem in the middle of this quiet yet quaint town. Nice big rooms and great courtyard in the middle for dining. Even had a DJ on when we had dinner which added to the atmosphere. Spa could of been a little bigger but worked perfectly for us over the nights stay! Very clean and staff extremely friendly.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Magnus Malm, Ägare at The Lamp Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2021

Dear Adam-Fuaa1,

We are so happy for your review and we notice that you seemed to like our rooms, courtyard and our DJ during your dinner. Unfortunately there are some guests that seems to be a little bit less happy for our efforts to bring nice feeling and atmosphere, but we are happy you did. Glad also to hear you found our place clean and our staff friendly.

We are more than happy to welcome you to The Lamp Hotel, Restaurant & SPA once again!

Reviewed 3 August 2021

Clean and modern hotel. Restaurant and spa where highly overrated. Not really a place with value for your money but nice rooms and good beds and coffee! Would be happy to come back, but just for sleeping.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Magnus Malm, Ägare at The Lamp Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2021

Dear ebbajennifersandberg,

Thanks for taking your time to review us, and nice to hear you enjoyed our rooms and coffee.

You are welcome back to enjoy a good nights sleep again.

Reviewed 25 June 2021

The hotel was a pleasant surprise when we stayed for one night in April. The hotel is in a cluster of buildings around a central courtyard, whick means that accessing the rooms might require negotiating winding corridors on several levels and stairways, but elevators are present between levels. The room, although tiny, was clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful.

Date of stay: April 2021
Magnus Malm, Ägare at The Lamp Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2021

Dear AlexViator,

Nice to hear your reaction when you found us. To get five kind of different buildings together and create a hotel was a challenge, and therefore the result became what you describes. On the other hand, we love it and think there is a lot of charm.

Welcome back to us, and I wish you a pleasant summer!

Reviewed 14 May 2021

Great hotel experience. The room was sober grey with great lighting and with a comfy bed. A nice bathroom with good products. The breakfast was great with a large buffet to choose (with COVID-19 adaption so not feeling unsafe). The thé collection was really good.

Date of stay: May 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Magnus Malm, Ägare at The Lamp Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2021

Dear mariebroome,

Thank you so much for your kind recension of The Lamp Hotel, Restaurant & SPA. We have just finished our upgrade of most of our rooms, and appreciate your comments. Especially your kind words about our way to serve breakfast during COVID-19.

I warmly welcome You back again and wish you a really nice summer!