Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
ScandicHotels.com
US$123
US$119
View deal
Orbitz.com
PricelineUS$123
Expedia.comUS$122
All reviews good size business trip close to the train station breakfast was excellent canal
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 October 2020

Expect a four star hotel? Forget about it! Better if you expect a cheesy motel with half-rude staff and very noisy visitors. The minibar is empty, the bed has one (!) small and lumpy pillow, there is a terribly noisy, ugly and dirty building project of some high-rise, full of cranes and drills, right on the doorstep. Would you like a glass of wine in your room, perhaps? Forget that, too. This is North Corea and if you want a drink, you must go down to the echoing, eerie lobby and buy it there AND drink it there - you're not allowed to take it up to your room. Arthur Miller would have loved this place. Oh, and it is NOT located in the "city", despite the optimistic name. This is on the outskirts of Linköping. The price is the same as it would be at a nice, central place, though. Having said all that, I must commend them for their corona-wise measures. They had a system for breakfast that made sure the buffet was not too crowded, and lots and lots of hand sanitizers everywhere. So, for that, they get three stars, though it's really a sad hotel - and the began clearing away the goodies from the buffet 20 minutes before closing time.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank MsWithnail
Reviewed 29 August 2020 via mobile

I have been stay at that hotel for more then 13 years and I never had a such bad experience.
I have made my booking one month before my arrival and choose my options about the room and when I came I have to try to understand what the receptionist say since she insist in speak Swedish when I talk to her in English, in the front desk you MOST speak English and take a half hour to explain to her what I want before she give me two different wrong options, in the end luckily I get what I want.
I’m time: it’s on my profile at scandic I have that options chosen there.
Then came the breakfast what they ask you to book a time and you have a half hour to eat ???$
The breakfast area was crowded anyway with a line to get your food.
I understand the situation but when you pay around 130 Euros to stay, together with the parking , you want something better in your breakfast
I wait for 15 minutes in the line for the scrambled eggs and I try to get the boiled eggs but the aspect was disgusting (follow the pictures) when I talk to the man he didn’t even say sorry.
I told him you don’t feed animals here, even the animals need a better respect.
The room only have one towel for you if you want a second towel you need to go after the housekeeper, unbelievable.
I really thinking about don’t come here anymore and really don’t recommend that hotel anymore.
Hello SCANDIC The front desk people most speak English.
BAD EXPERIENCE

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jakob Nilsson, Guest Services / Front Office at Scandic Linkoping City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2020

Hi Marcel

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. We’re so sad to hear that you didn’t get the great service that you expected during your stay. We’ll look into this incident and will take actions to prevent it from happening in the future.

I would like to get in contact with you, so if you could contact me at jakob.nilsson@scandichotels.com i would be grateful!

Best,
Jakob
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 24 August 2020 via mobile

Typical scandic hotel standard 3 ***- the breakfast is always 5 stars *****- room is 3,5 ***- bathroom 3 ***- cleaning 1 *. . No cleaning staff - so no paper in toilet- - garage 5 ***** I don’t understand if you pay for hotel room- way not cleaning the room ?

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jakob Nilsson, Guest Services / Front Office at Scandic Linkoping City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2020

Hi Anders,

Thanks for your feedback on you recent stay with us. We’re glad to hear that you had a pleasant hotel experience. Due to environmental reasons we try to save on the cleaning if not necessary on rooms, and now specially during Convid-19 times we try to minimize occasions for the staff to walk in and out of the rooms. But if you stay with us again you can of course ask for cleaning of the room in the reception.

Hope we see you again, welcome back to us!

Best,
Jakob
Front office manager

Reviewed 8 August 2020

Worst breakfast I’ve had. Items missing and oh the scrambled eggs were real bad.
The room appeared clean however there was a disgusting smell coming from the bathroom that never went away. We only managed to sleep because we were knackered.
Also the lady who checked me in didn’t speak English!

Date of stay: July 2020
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Jakob Nilsson, Guest Services / Front Office at Scandic Linkoping City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2020

Hi,

Please contact me at Jakob.nilsson@scandichotels.com for more contact and information. Of course we hope that you choose to stay with us also next time and give us a chance to give you a better hotel experience.

Best regards