“Very poor customer device experience”

Stromma Royal Canal Tour
Book In Advance
More Info
US$25,59*
and up
Royal Canal Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Leaving the inner city behind, we'll pass beautiful and famous buildings as we enter the peaceful Djurgarden canal. On the canal we will pass several historical buildings, museums and beautiful green areas. When we head home, a fabulous view of the Stockholm skyline opens up - only to be seen from the water! The tour is guided in 11 languages. On board we have crayons and paper for the kids.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visiting Stockholm for a day on a cruise ship we found our experience as customers using this service as appalling

Not only was the boat late both going and returning the staff member was confrontational with customers but he also appeared to make up rules as he went

The way this service runs is both inefficient and ineffective. The boats run every hour and we were caught out not being able to catch a boat back to the city after waiting for 45 minutes to then have to wait for the next one

They should allocate a set time slot that customers can nominate their return avoiding being caught out and waiting for the next one

We waited for an hour to then be told that those with online bookings took preference over those who bought tickets at the booth.

When asked what happens if there are too many people waiting fir the last boat risking not being able to board due to limited capacity his advice was "enjoy making your own way back".....?

I would not recommend this company as two boats provided conflicting advice

A poor experience to say the least. There were many angry customers all voicing their disatissgscyion with the way we were spoken to!

Strommagroup, Kundansvarig at Stromma Royal Canal Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Hi, and thank you for your review.

We are always trying to get better. We don´t want to leave any guests on the pier these sunny days and certainly get everyone back safe and on time. I'm sorry to hear that we caused you much inconvenience and long waiting.
Regarding the behavior of our crew members I can only apologize and I will send this to the management so it can be used to improve our service in the future.

I hope you had a pleasant stay in Stockholm despite all this.

All reviews
"lovely city"
"baltic sea"
"other attractions"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Absolutely nothing special.... it’s like a short sightseeing tour by a boat but I don’t know why they call it a Royal tour?

Hi, and thank you for your review.

I´m sorry to hear that you haven’t enjoyed the boat tour. The name of “Royal Tour” comes from the name of the Island that is called “Royal Djurgården” due to the fact that since the 15th century the Swedish monarch has owned or held the right of disposition of this area.

I hope you have enjoyed your time in Stocholm!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had paid for the tour of the canal. There was a short route and a long route. Which one they took you on depended on the weather. It was the first tour of the morning with not many people on board. It was a warm sunny spring day and the water levels were more than adequate. Needless to say we had the short tour!

Hi, and thank you for your review.

I´m sorry to hear that you haven’t enjoyed the boat tour. The alternative tour, that is not shorter but different, it is in fact depending on the weather conditions. Not so much the ones of the day you take the tour but on how the weather have been the last days which could have lead to a lack of water in some parts of the canal that goes around Djurgården. Unfortunately this summer we haven’t been lucky with the conditions for this tour to make their normal route due to the dryness.

I hope you have enjoyed your time in Stocholm anyway!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Stromma themselves are legitimate, just DO NOT buy this online ahead of time thinking you can save time and skip lines. Go to the company directly, ON SITE and purchase it there. I hope Stromma will no longer work with Viator after this stunt.

Attached is a receipt for tickets that I bought from a site that had been verified here. When I got to the location, they told me that this tour does not exist. The tours they do are on the hour every day, the last being at 5pm. NONE at 6:30, ever. So this is not even a seasonal issue.

Thinking this was a mistake, I repeatedly contacted the company, only to be ignored. I contacted them one last time explaining that without a response from them I could only assume that this was a scam, and that I would have to report them. They responded then, but never actually did anything. Their policy is that the trip can't be refunded unless you cancel 24 hours ahead. Well, you can't cancel a tour that doesn't exist! They lied to us and won't return our money.

Additionally, we had booked another tour through the same company, and we tried to cancel that well within their refund policy time frame after we found out that neither tours were available. They refused to let us do this despite their own policies and never returned the money. I filed fraud charges against them via my credit card because they are scam artists. I can only assume they stay in business by relying on people who feel it isn't worth the effort. Please be careful, especially if you don't have a good credit card behind you.

3  Thank Jessica P