All reviews opposite the main train station sleep with the window open old town convenient place to stay single room was small gamla stan the main shopping area four star walking distance hop on hop excellent location t centralen breakfast buffet checking in street noise city hall three nights
Reviewed 6 July 2017

Very sad hotel. Can not get coffee or anything in the lobby can not get water into the rooms. Got two single beds but ordered one big bed. Not worth the money at all. Great noise from the train station! Very expensive for nothing!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Maria S, General Manager at Hotel Terminus Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thank you for the feedback on your stay. We apologize for inconvenience. We usually always serve coffee / tea in the afternoons. We also have kettle to bring to the room. There is a possibility to change rooms up to the hotel if there are rooms left. We hope you give the hotel a chance again. Warm welcome again to Hotel Terminus Stockholm!

Reviewed 3 July 2017

The hotel has an excellent location being directly opposite the central railway station.
The metro has an entrance immediately next door to the hotel.
The breakfast room is vulnerable to pick pockets & thieves. Although the door of the breakfast room has a key card system this can be easily circumvented by a thief waiting for a guest to open the door & following them in . There is no staff member inside the breakfast room checking the identity of people entering the room . Two guests have recently had their bags stolen from the breakfast room. This is a management issue which urgently needs to be addressed by this hotel & other hotels in Stockholm .
We feel very sorry for the Swedish people who are experiencing a crime wave. We were informed by the police that this situation did not exist 2 years ago but the pick pockets & thieves were now targeting the breakfast rooms of the hotels.
Despite the above the best part of the hotel was the staff who were very courteous & helpful in giving directions to the Australian & Italian Embassies & the police

Room tip: A room facing the inner courtyard 4 th floor or above to avoid the traffic nois & noise of the metro trains below
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Tim R
Maria S, General Manager at Hotel Terminus Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Dear Guests, we all hope you got some good memories from Stockholm. It is very sad what happend, and we all work hard to protect all our guests from uninvited breakfast thieves. We do hope you return to Hotel Terminus Stockholm, very welome back & thank you for the feedback.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

The location couldn't be better for tourists. It is just in front of the Central Station. In my opinion, the hotel has an old-style decoration which reminds us of 'belle epoche' Paris: carpets, pictures, furniture and even a quite small lift, like those we could find in some French hotels. The reception is discrete but friendly. There is a visible concern towards safety in the whole building, for we need to use cards to have access to the floor, the room and even the breakfast room. If your sleep is not deep, you may hear a slight noise coming from buses during the wee hours, but I find it was not troublesome to me. The sole thing that put me down was the breakfast. By the way, my family and I have spent the last ten days in Scandinavia before getting into this hotel, hence we have a good idea of what we have to eat under such scenario. But here, unfortunately, to be sincere, I'd need to down grade at least in two points, compared to what we've eaten elsewhere. To start, fruits as well as fruit salads were not tasteful. The bloodgrapefruit was definitely no good. I reckon I'm not a fan of the traditional grapefruit but this rendition was pushing too much the envelope, I fear say. I love salami , but the salami here had so much black pepper... Also, the hering was the least tasteful we had so far. Surprisingly enough, no smoked salmon, a favorite of mine. Even the scrambled eggs didn't keep a good standard: in the first day, it was just good, but in the second day, it lacked color, texture as well as taste. To end, bakery itens were below regular. By the way, there was no croissant at all, albeit I read here a reply from the managers stating the opposite. However, I'm quite sure on how to recognize a croissant. Actually, we have tasted wonderful ones in our stay in Scandinavia. Just to clarify, I'm not finicky about food, but I see here a strong case to improve quality. In short, a very good hotel, to be recommended, but I really wish breakfast has already improved when I come back or when you get there.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Maria S, General Manager at Hotel Terminus Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2017

Thank you very much for the feedback. Your comments are so important for us. We do need to take action on this. Breakfast is important and we will look in to make changes right away. We all hope you come back another time. Very welcome back to Hotel Terminus Stockholm!

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Not a 4 star, hot in the summer (no AC) but staff is nive and good breakfeast.
Old interiuer, ok they try to be old style, but there is difference between old style luxury and old style spartan.
Because it is family owned, i feel that the budget is not that big, for the same price i would recommend another 4-star hotel, preferrably a new hotel with some of the chains.

Room tip: Ask if the room has AC! Dont sleep in the bottom level as you can hear the subway passing all the time.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Maria S, General Manager at Hotel Terminus Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Thank you for the feedback, true that this hotel may not suit everyone's style but we continue to be a traditional and personal hotel with lot of care for all our guests. We wish you a warm welcome back to Hotel Terminus Stockholm!

Reviewed 11 June 2017

Best of this hotel is location, just across the Central Station, and next to one of the entrances to T Centralen metro station. I was in single room, it was small but functional, furniture was old but it was exspected in this kind of hotels with historical value.Bed was comfortable, and bathroom small but ok. Stuff was pleasant but not too kind which is tipical for Sweden. Breakfast was monotonous, but good. It has very nice small elevator.Free wifi is excellent.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Maria S, General Manager at Hotel Terminus Stockholm, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Thank you very much for the feedback on your stay. We are all happy to hear about your experience of the hotel. We will work harder to show our appreciation more. We like specific feedback it gives us something to work on. Very welcome back to Hotel Terminus Stockholm!