All reviews single bed budget room central station great location no window short stay city centre sweden closet desk
Reviewed 10 May 2018

It was a very tiny room with a single bed, but as a solo traveler, it suited me just fine. I didn't spend very much time in my room at all, so it really wasn't an issue for me. It had everything I needed.

You can get free coffee or tea any time of day downstairs and the breakfast was decent as well.

They allowed me to use their dining area to eat my lunch after I had checked out, so I really have no complaints. It was walking distance to the train station.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 April 2018

I stayed at the Astoria for one night in April 2018.

Nothing to get excited about here. Check in was friendly but slow, with a lot of messing around before we received our room keys.

The room was tiny - I mean, really tiny - , with an undersized single bed, desk and small TV. Bathroom facilities were very basic and are in need to a freshen up. I found the room quite stuffy and unpleasant to sleep in.

Wifi was slow but free.

Location is quite good, with a relatively short walk to the station area.

Otherwise, not much to recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed in a single bed bedroom. Size of the room was like expected. But the bathroom was about 1x2,5m big so it was super tiny and had tiles coming off the floor. So think about putting a shower, sink and toilet in there - it gets crowded! I'm a tall and slim girl and I hit the walls and sink trying to dry yourself off after showering.

The free breakfast was not good. Bread and ham was old. Milk was hot (like when it gets a layer of skin and taste weird) and coffee was bland. I didn't dare to taste the eggs and bacon... They also offered ginger shot and as famous as a ginger shot is (at least in Sweden) I expected it to only contain ginger, honey and lemon. But having half of the shot I noticed fruit bits. I asked the staff what else was in it and she said it had apple in it. Im allergic to apple and had an aching stomach that day.. so the next day I when to espresso house for breakfast.

I've stayed in hostels and two star hotels and I'm usually not picky. But the place smells, is inconveniently decorated and has questionable breakfast.

I also had a blood stain on my bed linen.

Big pluses:
+ Staff is really friendly and helpful
+ Location couldn't be better. Close to shops, restaurants, parks, central station within 5 min
+ Cheap

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Very few hotels I've visited has been so misleading in their marketing. The room I was given at this little "backpacker hostel style" sight on a backstreet in Malmö reminded me more of a prison cell than a 3 star hotel room. Stains and cracks on the walls, hair from a stranger in the tiniest bed I've ever seen, noise, heat which could not be regulated and a home renovated bathroom with tiles falling of was not adressed on their website. Overall, it felt very depressive and I ended up checking out quickly in the middle of the night and went to stay at a much better hotel nearby.

Although, the check-in process went very fast and the staff in the reception were friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: I would not recommend anyone to stay in their single rooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I came to see my girlfriend at the malmö. So after all day i shoping and eating food out. Then i go with girlfriends 10 minutes i,needed to Change clothes and shower fast. So Marc Philippe manager in reception. Came and knock at the door. And said this is single room. So she need to go out. I said i know just go down in,10 minutes we come. When im,closing door he still wait at the door to disturb the privacy. And said NOW. I said whatt?hey go down i will put clothes and come down. After.little fighting with worda. He go down. And girlfriend go home. And i go in reception to talk.to him little angry. I said you dont know anything about service. This erbarrising what U did. He say you cant go she need to wait here...i said no i respekt my girlfriend she dont need to wait me here in reception. Ok after 10 minutes one couple came.. and they go in room even that boy have single room. I said to Marc what is this? They been 15 minutes and still in room. He say they put Luggage 5 min. But.actuallly gone 15 minutes. Then i, got mad i said you,not respekt Me. Then he go again up and came. I say where are they? Marc said they coming. I.said No why u dont wait at the door same like with me?. Then i said i dont wanna see you anymore close my door waiting me if i,come again with girlfriend about 10 minutes to change. Then.he say Okey. I said do u see first u say she cant go up with U. But you let other peoples to go up for 5min. So its not fear. .. o,yeh.. one thing more when he was at close my room door he threatened with the police. . I have been 4 time at this hotel but i will Never come again....

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends