“A weekend unlike any other!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
RKids
Taunton
“A weekend unlike any other!”
Reviewed 20 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I spent my birthday weekend (and hen do!) at the leisure barn and can honestly say it was one of the most unforgettable weekends of my life- for all the right reasons! As it was a surprise arranged by my sister and friends, I had no idea what to expect when I pulled up to a farm and massive barn, then when i enterred the doors i was transported to every child-at-heart adults dream! Even if I had been in on the secret, it's so unique I don't think I'd have been able to predict what an amazing time we would have. The converted barn, filled with astroturf and eco-pod living spaces is so utterly different to anything else on the market it HAS to be seen to be believed! We played hours and hours of badminton, table tennis, giant jenga, boules (all provided by the venue) and could have stayed for a week! In the evening, the mountain of beanbags (also provided!!) allowed us to make a bed big enough for 20 and all snuggle in together and watch hours of movies. I would say that it can get very cold, so bring layers, or cuddle up like we did with a hot chocolate! We had two completely different nights in the barn- one full of childish antics and one very relaxed pamper sesh. It's hard to know which one I preferred!! In terms of facilities, it was faultless- we could even run multiple showers at once without losing hot water or water pressure and the beds were comfier than most of us were used to! I sincerely hope this place stays a little secret escape as long as possible, so we can keep coming back without it being completely booked up! Thanks Derek and family for a hen weekend I will cherish for the rest of my life!

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
21 Oct 2015
Oh Soooooo glad you had the time of your life.
Wishing you all the luck in your new life.
EloKids13
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Unique, bizarre and fantastic. ”
Reviewed 18 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

I booked this hidden gem for a hen do of 12, and it was the greatest weekend ever. This is a holiday unlike any other!! I've never seen anything like it. You all stay in a huge communal barn, in cosy geodesic 'pods', and have the rest of the barn at your disposal! Including a balcony area, a fully stocked and modern kitchen/bar, a huge astro turf area, a dining room and a snug. There's 7 bathrooms, a shower per pod, 2 TVS and a GIANT cinema projector screen. We had an amazing time and threw a frat party/hen do Olympics and used all of the sports equipment (ping pong table, badminton court, giant jenga, bowls, etc), and then on the second night we played chick flicks on the big screen and cuddled up on the huge beans bags and had a pamper party. The pods are heated and really modern, and the barn has surround sound and laser lights! We also had use of the inside jacuzzi. The Barn itself (outside the pods) is cold this time of year so bring your onesies! The owners, Derek and his wife, are so kind, helpful and a good laugh, we found that every question we had (and there were a few!!) he had the answers for and he really looked after us, bringing us a selection of our favourite chick flicks on a USB. Woolsery is a short walk or drive and has a little shop for milk and bread, and on the main road there's a few pubs (we went to the Hoops which was lovely). The only complaint I have is that we couldn't stay longer. I have a feeling that this unique holiday barn is going to be very popular when people start to find out about it! Can't wait to come back. Thanks Derek!

Management Response
19 Oct 2015
So I take it you had a good yime then, Ellie
Many thanks, I didn't quite realise what I'd created but it seems to be hitting the right spot.
Cheers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing