“Delicious Italian food!”

Ranked #142 of 2 903 Restaurants in Copenhagen
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Indre By (Inner City)
Description: Restaurant Italiano (in Italian: Ristorante Italiano) is the first of it’s kind in Copenhagen and is famous for its simple and delicious Italian food. Ristorante Italiano serves a range of high quality Italian food. Every day we prepare for our customers fresh homemade Italian bread, pizza bread, pasta and ice cream. Our restaurant was the first to serve pizza in Denmark - a proud tradition we have kept alive since 1952. In our restaurant we have two dining floors. The top floor holds up to 120 people and the basement can accommodate up to 100 people. The outside Summer dining area accommodates up to 200 people. We would be pleased to accommodate special events for you and your friends in the restaurant. The capacity is up to 100 persons and the opening hours can be customize to your full satisfaction up to 4am. Please contact us for further information.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

At Ristorante Italiano you will get lovely Italian food at an affordable price. Ristorante Italiano looks like a tourist trap, but it is not. The food is absolutely stunning and the staff is great as well. And the location is cosy and quiet, but still in the centre of Copenhagen.

The food is really great and genuinely Italian.
I ate the vegetarian cannelloni with cheese and spinach, covered in tomato sauce and cheese. It was rather good, but my severing was rather small - I would have wished for three cannellonis, instead of two.
The other people in my company took the vegetarian pizza and tomato soup and were very happy with it. The vegetarian pizza was a bit exotic, but still very delicious (I tasted it). It had, for example, carrots and a baby cobs of corn on it, and of course the ordinary pizza ingridienses, like cheese and tomato sauce.
The tomato soup was also good and had a vegetable touch over it, it was obviously not from a can.
Ristorante Italiano has several vegetarian options and they are really good, so even vegetarians will get happy and satisfied.

Before you get your food you get Italian bread with olive oil and olives from a small bowl, it was very good and especially the bread with olive oil was marvellous.

The staff is surprisingly kind and happy - and they speak Italian. They really want you to have a good experience and to be happy when you leave Ristorante Italiano, so therefore they are tremendously kind and doing everything for you to have a good visit at Ristorante Italiano.
Ristorante Italiano looks like a tourist trap, but it is not. The food is genuine and really Italian, so you will not feel like a tricked tourist when you leave Ristorante Italiano.

The atmosphere at Ristorante Italiano is genuinely Italian and very cosy and welcoming with red roses at all the tables along with place mats with pictures of Ristorante Italiano and with their history. According to them they were the first restaurant in Copenhagen to serve pizza.
You will most surely feel welcome when you arrive to Ristorante Italiano, I felt very happy and welcomed when I came to Ristorante Italiano.
I sat at the outdoor seating in June and it was lovely. If you get cold all the tables has several blankets and infrared heating - if you sit directly below one of the infrared heating you will get very warm.

Ristorante Italiano is located close to Ströget and all the cosy streets and squares in central Copenhagen, so you might think that it is a very noisy environment at Ristorante Italiano, but it is a surprisingly quiet and a relaxing atmosphere and the feeling at Ristorante Italiano is that everyone there is happy and glad. There are people walking and biking by, but they are not disturbing or noisy, in any case they were not when I was at Ristorante Italiano.
From the outdoor seating you see many beautiful and old houses.

Ristorante Italiano is a tremendously good restaurant: delicious food, nice and happy staff, a cosy and relaxing atmosphere and feeling. I can really recommend Ristorante Italiano!

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Supposedly the oldest Italian restaurant in the city, this restaurant is certainly a tourist trap. Nevertheless, it’s nicely situated and a little less costly than some other outdoor cafes more directly on the main drag.

There are strolling musicians that play for only a couple songs, so they don’t outwear their welcome. The atmosphere amongst the staff is lively and maybe even a little hectic. Some of this is definitely guests’ fault because the waiters constantly had to deal with people who were trying to seat themselves although there was a line. (“Please wait to be seated” signs would help this a lot.) Still, the service ranged from feeling super attentive while waiters joked with patrons to seeming disengaged: eg, throwing olives on the table so that they didn’t even land on a flat surface.

My carbonara was very good. My drink, however, didn’t arrive until well after the food arrived.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We had a table outside which is nice in the summer, service is great, fast response and staff is really helpful. Good traditional Italian food and Italian staff which gives the authentic experience. Kids meals are at good size, my boys had lasagne and Bolognese and really tasty, we also tried the seafood pasta which was huge and full of seafood and yummy.
Around 100$ for 4 of us with cocktails and sodas

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing!! we sat outside with heaters that kept us warm as it was a hit cool in the evening. The restaurant seems quite large inside but we didn't check it out.

There are two guys who play an instrument as they move around from table to table and the owner sings at times. It's such a great place for friends...date night or even a casual business dinner or lunch.

We ordered very few items but between the three of us we were full by the end!

Nice fresh bread is brought as complimentary and is nice with olive oil and balsamic as dip. Don't overload on bread...the food portions are huge!

1. Antipasto misto Italiano - various appetizers which was nice between the 3 of us

2. Carpaccio di manzo - beef. This was delicious and quite large we forced ourselves to finish this

3. I got the lasagna...This wasn't amazing. I regretted it after trying the pizza my two colleagues got. This is a pizza expert restaurant so don't divert...order a pizza no matter how much you crave something else!

The pizza was so nice and light. We really didn't get bloated or sick from over eating.

We also ordered a bottle of the house red and it was very nice with the food!!

The owner was super friendly..came by our table and spoke to us and even sat next to us chatting for a bit. He brought us tiramisu, lemoncello and espresso to finish off our meal.

Tiramisu was o.k not the best I've tried. It comes with 3 kinds of ice cream which was odd as it's not meant to be served with ice cream.

I highly recommend this place And for sure will go back when I'm there visiting again!

1  Thank 243naseemm
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We ate here a couple of times whilst in Copenhagen and found the service to be very friendly and the food excellent even when busy. They do a very good lunchtime offer on any pasta or pizza from their menu, still full size portions but nearly half the price of the normal evening menu. Would happily eat here again, either on a classic outside table, they have heaters if it gets chilly or in their very cozy restaurant. You can see why this Italian has been here since the 1950’s they know how to service good classic Italian food.